• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Little Gibby's 45 MB

Glad to hear :awesomework:

Got a couple days of re-doing a bunch of stuff in the shop--finish up a couple items on jacks---then its drag time

OOOOHh OOOOHHH OOOOOHHH OOOOOHHH
I see my little baby has a new parking spot!!!!!!!

There goes my savings...

So what did you find with the motor? I see you took the bottom end apart.

If you decided to take the top end apart, let me know.... That's a stock cam in there... it needs to go.

OH GAWD......Should we call this the "Wheelie King":redneck:

Can't wait to see this thing take shape!

Mike, I still have a few parts to get to you, including some of the front end brackets?

Anyone heading up that way from say Bonney Lake area?

So what did you find with the motor? I see you took the bottom end apart.

If you decided to take the top end apart, let me know.... That's a stock cam in there... it needs to go.

Ya--I actually totaly dissassembled the motor dale. I got into it and started to find some problems--so I figured it was the smart thing to make sure I knew what we had and make sure this this is in perfect order so jackson won't have to worry about "broken vvvvrrrrmmmm" and then hunt me down later in life and beat me up,lol...:redneck:

New cam--thats perfect since I found an issue with the lifters so when you start to look for a cam make sure its a full kit...(water on the lip of the lifters)

So on monday/tues I wil make some calls and work up what we wil need to make the motor perfect--since I relocated to monroe I have to find new venders to deal with... But once I get that figured out I wil give you a jingle and we can go from there... But the block is ok--just needs to be cleaned--the only problem I found besides the lifters is with the crank and the oil pickup tube (I will get pics tonight/tommorow so you can see something that just baffels me)...

Also what year is the motor?

I also have a list of items we wil be needing/wil pm ya in the next day---and we can get this thing fully underway....

Ya--I actually totaly dissassembled the motor dale. I got into it and started to find some problems--so I figured it was the smart thing to make sure I knew what we had and make sure this this is in perfect order so jackson won't have to worry about "broken vvvvrrrrmmmm" and then hunt me down later in life and beat me up,lol...:redneck:

New cam--thats perfect since I found an issue with the lifters so when you start to look for a cam make sure its a full kit...(water on the lip of the lifters)

So on monday/tues I wil make some calls and work up what we wil need to make the motor perfect--since I relocated to monroe I have to find new venders to deal with... But once I get that figured out I wil give you a jingle and we can go from there... But the block is ok--just needs to be cleaned--the only problem I found besides the lifters is with the crank and the oil pickup tube (I will get pics tonight/tommorow so you can see something that just baffels me)...

Also what year is the motor?

I also have a list of items we wil be needing/wil pm ya in the next day---and we can get this thing fully underway....

Great, this was a completely rebuilt motor and have never been used. Year... What year did the Buick 231 change from an odd fire to an even fire. It's the first year of the even fire 231.

I believe this is the Cam that I want. Input?

K69-246-4 Hi Energy Buick even fire 1978-88 181 231 252 V-6 1800-5800 Performance cam for the street. Mild choppy idle. Likes lower gears 469/469 268/268 218/218 110

IIRC correctly the engine has a Performer intake.

Last edited:

You should see him now, I think he weighs more than you do :)

I believe this is the Cam that I want. Input?

K69-246-4 Hi Energy Buick even fire 1978-88 181 231 252 V-6 1800-5800 Performance cam for the street. Mild choppy idle. Likes lower gears 469/469 268/268 218/218 110

IIRC correctly the engine has a Performer intake.

I am no expert on these motors so---sure,lol.....

It does have a performance intake....

As for the turbo's---your going to have to run a lower compression piston.

I finally found a place to send the crank to---hopefully it can be cleaned and polished--but may need to be turned..

But this week has been pretty shot with the wife going to help her mom and me--being sick with the temps in the 20's at night. So I have been taking it an easy and catching up on other items--but mext week I hit it hard....

Did the crank have a little rust on it from sitting for so long?

I'll call Edlebrock to see what they have to match up with their intake.

As much fun as the turbo might be.... I think the ebay setup is gone.

Did the crank have a little rust on it from sitting for so long?

I'll call Edlebrock to see what they have to match up with their intake.

As much fun as the turbo might be.... I think the ebay setup is gone.

Turbo would = frame broken in half,lol..

I have pics to upload to show ya what I saw--I am still confused on the "how". But will get them posted here soon....

Latest posts

Back