• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

longfield warranty

alscott

Broke a bobby long saturday. Trail mart will NOT warranty them with out a paper trail! Just thought id let the toyota guys know. It really pissed me off. Trail gears customer service SUCKS as usual

I hear ya man. I try and stay as far away from them as possible same b.s. happened when I grenaded my doubler set up. If you have noticed they switched from the no questions asked warranty to the 12 month warranty. Ended up getting Davezoffroad to get me money out of the adapter that was messed up but granted this was almost a year ago and have yet to see any money towards the cores I sent or the money out of the adapter and 4.7 gears they said they would warranty pretty close to $700 worth. But Davez had the doubler already on the shelf compared to trail gear couldn't give me a close date to where they expected them. But come to find out Davez was using the trail gear setup and when I put the new doubler in the shift rail were off like crazy. the shifter wouldn't even go from left to right in the neutral position. Needless to say grit my teeth learn my lesson and move on. The main reason im pondering going to tons is the fact cant hardly find any good aftermarket parts for the yota stuff without it being trail gear junk. sorry for the rant just my thoughts on the hole thing. I will post pics of how bad the shift rails were off to give you an idea of trail gears quality is.

Bobby Long would not be happy! I talked with him a few times back in the day and he was always great to deal with. I'm assuming he wouldn't want his name on affiliated with TG as much as he backed up HIS warranty.

Re:

RCV for the Toyota FTW! Lifetime warranty if you run 39 inch tires or smaller.

Kel Lawrence

poolman said:
Bobby Long would not be happy! I talked with him a few times back in the day and he was always great to deal with. I'm assuming he wouldn't want his name on affiliated with TG as much as he backed up HIS warranty.

I hate to sound like a ****, but his family are the ones who sold out... I don't think anyone didn't see this coming from TrailMart

Are you shitting me?! That's TOTALLY not the original agreement. I've got a set clicking, and they've swapped a few hands...

Oh well. I'll just buy RCV and use these as spares.

IH8 ruthless businesses.

muddinmetal said:
I hate to sound like a ****, but his family are the ones who sold out... I don't think anyone didn't see this coming from TrailMart

Tina has never made no bones about it, It was Bobby's passion, and she supported him. When he passed, she had no desire to continue his passion.

The cool thing is: RCV was making them anyway, and those guys are the cats nuts and American company and american made. Hell, I want to work for such an awesome company if I could!

I honestly think its depends who you end up getting on the phone at trail gear. I blew out a longfield finally and just went ahead and ordered rcvs and be done with it. Last thing i would want to do is put trail gears in the front and snap it first part of a trip then have to deal with them again.

stuftmunky2k said:
I honestly think its depends who you end up getting on the phone at trail gear. I blew out a longfield finally and just went ahead and ordered rcvs and be done with it. Last thing i would want to do is put trail gears in the front and snap it first part of a trip then have to deal with them again.

Best thing you could have done. TG only bought the name to put on their axles....so it ain't like you would be warrantied a legit Longfield anyway.

RCV FTW!

Re: longfield warranty

Trail gear sucks. We sent one out for warranty repair and they claim the box showed up empty. This isn't there fault but they have been zero help with me trying to get this fixed. Needles to say rcv got some money from me.

Trail gear really didn't care either was the sad thing

Sent from a undisclosed thinkin spot...

muddinmetal said:

I understand what you're saying and I know who sold out. All I was saying is I don't think that's how Bobby Long built his business. Rip. Not his fault he isn't here, sadly.

I agree with everything every body has said so far. Bobby would roll over in his grave! I cant blame his wife for "saleing out" for lack of a better term cause im sure they were getting older an she could use the money... I have no hard feelings at all towards that aspect of it. Bobby was always super nice an extremely helpful towards me. I broke 4 or 5 of them an i remember one time he called me just to check to make sure I was still happy with his product an just talked 4 wheelin with me for 15 or 20 min! I couldnt have asked for better customer service. I gave trail mart a piece of my mind today.
I did notice the lifetime to 12 month warranty change also like stated above. I ordered driver side birfield an inner from RCV today an couldnt be happier with there customer service! Them guys are on program.
The toyota products world is slowly getting worse also like stated above. Kinda sucks cause I love my toyota axles. Im in the process of building a set of shaved 14 bolts to replace my yota axles an hoping to have them done around mid year. 42s an 15 lbs boost are hard on toyota axles lol

I don't understand what's getting worse about toyota aftermarket?

RCV is on point.

Axle gears and lockers are the same or better as always.

Hell the only thing you "need" to build a Toyota is a set of RCVs and a dual case adapter. Every thing else you can build yourself (unless you want to put togther a kit toyota...)

maybe i shoulda said the after market companies are getting worse... yea you can get axles are flanges from rcv, adapters from marlin, custom hydro steering/ tie rods, gears an lockers are the same, but knuckles, rear axles, high steer... the rest of the puzzle is from junk aftermarket companies. i could break trunion bearings and tear factory knuckles off in the yard at my house. theyll only take it so long but if a man dont mind changin em every so often then it dont matter

Ahhh I know it don't help but about 11months ago I called trail gear told them I killed a 30spline long and needed a replacement...I had to who the gift of gab but they did end up sending me a new one... I assumed that would end soon... Seems it has.

When did RCV release yota axles? They any better or worse than longs?

MtnGoat said:
When did RCV release yota axles? They any better or worse than longs?

They are who bobby had make them. The originals. bobby did, but eventually outsourced the work to RCV. RCV always made the 80-series Longfield Superset.

Shows how much I know....

So if Bobby made the longfields...rcv just sold them with his name...

Are the rcv axles now a bobby LONGFIELD design or are they rcv design with there name just curious how it all works since you said they always made axles

Latest posts