• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

TG buys LONGFIELD

hjpcummins

Thought I'd share!
yzahyres.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Re: TG buys LONGFIELD

hjpcummins said:
Agreed! I hope they will honor it ! And not send me Tg replacement parts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirty 30s and Longfields are the same thing, made by RCV...

when dirty 30s came out, they didn't have 300m guts... Now they both do.

And from the way that flier reads, they are dropping the dirty 30 name

rockwild said:

why? what would you rather see happen? products he developed go away?

i just don't see the big deal, TG was good to deal with when a ran toyota stuff. much better service than marlin crawler had. i ran longfield 30 spline axles in the front of my mini truck axle, quality stuff.

another good product down the drain.why don't we just buy them from rcv?hope trail mart doesn't ruin bobby's name!

I have always had great service from Trail Gear, I still buy products from Trail Gear but not them directly. XRR is my hook up on their parts now, I cant see how this transition will be bad for the offroad community.

It's all relative. As long as the lifetime warranty still applies.
I've got no beef. If I try and send a bobby long axel back again
And trail gear doesn't want to warranty it then the **** will hit the fan

Long field has a lifetime no questions asked warranty no matter who purchased the product that they stood behind it. Trail gear has a no questions asked lifetime warranty. The first question they ask is where is the reciept? If u can't produce it u can not get the product warrantied. Good luck getting things warrantied now.

4byfan said:
Long field has a lifetime no questions asked warranty no matter who purchased the product that they stood behind it. Trail gear has a no questions asked lifetime warranty. The first question they ask is where is the reciept? If u can't produce it u can not get the product warrantied. Good luck getting things warrantied now.

This is my main worry. I may be making a call.

Hell i bought a complete set of trail gear rock asaults with every upgrade possible in them. I was the second owner but the axles had never been run, and i has complete recipts on everything!!!!! They would not warranty any of it!!!!

They said i was not the original owner so they would not cover it. The part that truly pissed me off about it was that i was tild i could ship the parts to the original owner and they would see what they could do. This was on there d30s and there rear chromos.

I still have all of this stuff in a pile!! Complete axles minus the thirds.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I mean with. Longfield the stamp was your "receipt". I just don't see trail gear doing this. Not to knock them, I run some of there stuff but I see it heading south as far as warranty is concerned.

Sent from the mans IPhone.

wizzo said:
why? what would you rather see happen? products he developed go away?

i just don't see the big deal, TG was good to deal with when a ran toyota stuff. much better service than marlin crawler had. i ran longfield 30 spline axles in the front of my mini truck axle, quality stuff.

I was all Toyota for years, competing and double duty. I have never purchased anything from Trail Gear and will never if I can help it.

Even longfields didn't last for more than one comp on 35's. I did have some hiccups with bobby due to the frequency of sending stuff back to him but he always did the right thing. I just feel that TG got their start by ripping off others designs, products, ideas and having them built overseas. I may be wrong, I may have made that up, but it's what I believe and I won't do business with people that there's even a question about stuff like that.

Re: Re: TG buys LONGFIELD

TBItoy said:
Lifetime warranties are nice... But who ACTUALLY expects a real company to offer such a warranty?

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't rcv offer a lifetime warranty on their axles

bamatoy said:
I have always had great service from Trail Gear, I still buy products from Trail Gear but not them directly. XRR is my hook up on their parts now, I cant see how this transition will be bad for the offroad community.

X2, I haven't had an issue with tg yet, and XRR is great to deal with.

Re: Re: Re: Re: TG buys LONGFIELD

krackem said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't rcv offer a lifetime warranty on their axles

I'm talking longfield style warranty, where you could send in obviously wore out, abused, and even over steered parts every week and they'd just keep sending new parts out...