• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Marlin Crawler cage

J_SIN

anybody have a cage from marlin crawler? or know how well they actually work? I'm a little skeptical of a bolt together cage but its pretty inexpensive and would definetly be better then nothing.

No experience with the Marlin Cage but I did have an old Smittybuilt cage that was very similiar. Like you said it is better then nothing, but for a few bucks more you could probably find someone local to make you one :;

When Joe Chacon rolled his Smittybuilt held up a lot better than I thought it would. He had welded a couple tubes from the front tube to the back tube into it, other than that it was original I think. Been a long time.

When Joe Chacon rolled his Smittybuilt held up a lot better than I thought it would. He had welded a couple tubes from the front tube to the back tube into it, other than that it was original I think. Been a long time.
Shaw lake trail. That was a long time ago.:D

anybody have a cage from marlin crawler? or know how well they actually work? I'm a little skeptical of a bolt together cage but its pretty inexpensive and would definetly be better then nothing.

chevyxj will do a inside cage ... he is in maplevally :awesomework: he does good work

Joes had a bunch of tube added to the top. I remember because you could see the top of the cage with how the sheetmetal was bent :haha:

Damn that was a day....

I had the All-Pro cage and never got the opportunity to test her out. The tubes meet eachother inside of the splice tube so all the bolts do is hold the splice tube in the right place. If your worried about it just weld it in.

Decent cage, MUCH better than nothing...

If you want a good deal on a legit weld in NHRA certified cage grab one from CAchassisworks.com.. I put one in my truck and when we rolled it the cage did what it was supposed to do.... :D

Shipping on the cage is rather steep but I can pick it up in sacramento and get it to eastern WA very easy for ya.

If you want a good deal on a legit weld in NHRA certified cage grab one from CAchassisworks.com.. I put one in my truck and when we rolled it the cage did what it was supposed to do.... :D

Shipping on the cage is rather steep but I can pick it up in sacramento and get it to eastern WA very easy for ya.

PM sent.

Thats a name i havnt heard in a long time.

which cage did you use? I'm guessing the 8 point but you didnt install all the rear bars??? 235 bucks for a solid cage sounds a lot better but welding inside the cab doesnt. I'll talk to my buddy and see if he feels up to welding it in for me. If he's willing to weld for me I'll probably order one.

I grabbed the 10 point with a dash bar and long back legs. It was just over $300 total.

If you have an x-cab I'd highly recomend you tell them you want the bars about 6" longer to move the B hoop back.

hmmm. I dont want to go through the back wall so I basicly want the 8 point without the back legs. here's what I want

cage.gif

No by top bars I mean the top of the front bars that pass by your and your passengers head. If you have a standard cab it'll work perfect as is.

Personally I'd get some more 1 1/4" tube and put in a X brace behind the seats and to put in some spreaders front to back.

what do you mean by long back legs? I thought you meants the ones that would go through the cab into the bed.

I do have an Xcab so I would have it extended back. I wonder if they will add some X bracing in the kit for a few extra bucks.

what are spreaders?

Yes by back legs I mean the ones coming down from the B hoop in this picture.

yotapink11.jpg

I ordered them extra long so I'd have extra material for gussets and general whatnot. I added 6" right above my head in the upper part of the roof bar. It's plug welded and sleeved and it is one of the few places that didn't skew when I rolled the truck so I never worried about its strength but if I was to order another cage I'd have them add the tube ahead of time just for ease of installation.

Spreaders are bars that connect the bar that goes side to side by the rear view mirror to the top of the B hoop.

Latest posts