• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Matt O's Ultra4 Buggy - EOR Racing #4462

Re: Matt O's Buggy Updates & Essentially Offroad KOH Rebuild & Prep

Them door bars look X100000 better... I hated the other style, but i guess that was a way to identify S&N buggys? ???

jrhall said:
Them door bars look X100000 better... I hated the other style, but i guess that was a way to identify S&N buggys? ???

Not really, S&N built it as a roller and the owner did the door bars. It made it easier to get in and out is all. Looked terrible, I hated it and all the S&N guys kept giving me **** about my EasyRick door bars! The S&N rigs now all have straight door bars, I took the door bar lines and the bar behind them where the ressy's are mounted from their new design. My new side skins are done similar to Jason's rig in the pic:

daves287.JPG

jasonc125.JPG

jasonc138.JPG

Ah. k. Well they were ****ing ugly ... :****: laughing1

Well it is pretty much done. I got my belts from Crow yesterday. They have a re-certification program where they you send them your expired belts and they will refurbish and recertify them. You can check their site out for info on it. They will do it for any brand of harnesses, regardless of manufacturer. Cost is $65/per harness with the sewn in pads like I had, cost is $45 if you don't have pads. New harnesses with pads from Crow run over $100/each. Well my belts were faded bad and they would losen over time. Their SFI rating expired like 4 years ago, so I figured it was time to get them updated. I was totally shocked when I opened the box to find a pair of BRAND NEW harnesees, no refurbs here. My buddy Fred had the same experience and the ones he sent Crow were not even made by them. Pretty good deal if you have old harnesses, should save you some coin. See the pics below. Also mounted up the side skins, so I am calling this thing done for now.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sick. Congrats on getting it finished man. I really like the black.

Looks really good Matt, I like the black too. By the way, with those new door bars( nice improvement) you can feel fat like I do trying to get my fat self in my buggy :****: I look like an gorilla getting in a shoebox :eat:

Looks good Matt.

Have you got the dimensions on that fuel cell? who makes it? Looks close to what I need.

looks good enouph todo the car show at bjcc with john? :cougar:

Cubby said:
Looks good Matt.

Have you got the dimensions on that fuel cell? who makes it? Looks close to what I need.

That cell is badass and it is about to be for sale. Have to do a KOH compliant cell. I will get the dimensions, it is 12 gallon. Traps, baffles and all that welded inside. Bottom feed and return, fuel safe fill neck with the vent installed in it, all AN bungs that were welded to the cell, except the vent which is a bulkhead fitting. Original builder had it fully tig welded out of heavy gauge aluminum. It will never run you out of fuel on any angle, unless you are completey dry.

That is a huge differance!!! That thing looks pimp Matt!! And you know I am diggen on the holes loller.gif

Matt, rig looks great!!!! I like the upgrades....Hell basically a totally new rig... :dblthumb:

Looks good Matt. i like the new look alot better! booyang

Buggy looks awesome Matt! Really like the silver chassis and black body work.

onealdodge said:
Matt, rig looks great!!!! I like the upgrades....Hell basically a totally new rig... :dblthumb:

Wanna buy it back? ;D

John Galbreath Jr. said:
Don't go there with Stephen, you will be rigless!

So is it true, the 38' is up for sale after the WOW? :dunno:

:flipoff1:

John Galbreath Jr. said:
Don't go there with Stephen, you will be rigless!

That is the point! Money for something different!