• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Matt O's Ultra4 Buggy - EOR Racing #4462

Re: Matt O's S&N Fab Buggy Updates & KOH Prep/Rebuild

damn, that thing is lookin tits!

that new color really works well on that rig.

i dig the color looks good thumb.gif thumb.gif

Hey Matt looking really good :dblthumb: Have you thought about swaping the location of the brake light & the amber. I think I would rather have the consant amber higher thatn the brake light. Maybe not though, just wondering.

Matt,

This thing turned out SICK. You have done a great job and your effort is clearly seen. Great job.

XE said:
Matt,

This thing turned out SICK. You have done a great job and your effort is clearly seen. Great job.

Thanks a lot Nick, I appreciate it. I used the old color of your rig as a guide, I really like how it turned out

please tell me your horn is a dixie horn or something similar to scare them cali boys when you pass them!
good luck. im trying to get out there to watch but i dunno if school is gonna let that happen!

Some of the guys here last weekend were trying to make the dixie horn happen, but only thing my horn is is LOUD

a train horn or big rig horn would be a good alternate. you'd scare the techinque right out of dustin's backside

Great day today except I ran out of fuel. Jamie siphoned some over for me. Found a bad connection on my fuel pump hot wire. Other than that it was smooth sailing. It is great to get back in the woods

Thing looks 200% better Matt.... I love the paint, I dig the OMF Domes too they look sweet. Looked like the Gear ratio was the a step in the right direction too if you ask me. :dblthumb:

I had a ball today, man it was nice to be out again ... and it has only been 2 weekends for me. laughing1

P said:
Looked like the Gear ratio was the a step in the right direction too if you ask me. :dblthumb:

I was wondering what he thought about the new gears.

Didn't notice a big change seat of the pants on the gears. Did seemed to be better and it will really get off the line in low range now. Top end in low range is still pretty weak, but that is what hi-range is for. I really just don't see how folks can even think about driving a solid axle, full hydro rig with sticky tires at insane speeds. Adam and I both commented on how loose it all feels at speed. Lots of fun, gonna do the same for the next three weekends. I am really happy with the way my buggy performs on the rock, smooth and steady.

Man you need to find someone with a Farm that has lots of open fields so you can run wide open for extended periods of time and get used to it.

Cole said:
Man you need to find someone with a Farm that has lots of open fields so you can run wide open for extended periods of time and get used to it.
are there any power lines around there you can test on...

There are several open straightaways around here and powerlines. I feel ok at 60-70mph, just above that it is touchy. I don't think practice is gonna change that feeling. Not a huge deal, the LCQ is really about getting up backdoor. If I get in the race I just wanna finish, don't care about trying to go 100mph

Matt O. said:
There are several open straightaways around here and powerlines. I feel ok at 60-70mph, just above that it is touchy. I don't think practice is gonna change that feeling. Not a huge deal, the LCQ is really about getting up backdoor. If I get in the race I just wanna finish, don't care about trying to go 100mph

:gay:

:flipoff1:

Matt, I agree I stayed right on AC when we came down the road to the entrance ( haulin ass we had to be in the high 60's - 70mph range ) I was only able to do it because the new orbital afforded me a little more security but the funniest thing about everyone and the 100mph thing * me too * thats a dead ass flat straight away just to see high fast they will go scenario.

If we want to test that theory. Im telling you there is a "dry lake bed" out by Haley's that you could do that at. I've had mine up in the mid 50s a few times with the one piece driveshaft without vibes granted mines twisted as **** now, but yesterday when we were 60-70 it finally started to vibe. 70 is still 30 MPH away from triple digits . I know mine would pull it but Id have to pull the front driveshaft to do it ! laughing1

The 100 mph chase is all in fun to say you ran your crawler 100mph before... at least that's all it is to me. Either way, regardless if its after this race or not. I want to go to Pigsby and go for a full out wide open top speed run just to see what it would be like to hit 100 in a crawler .... holy cow that would be a rush ! :woot: I dont see many chances in the LCQ to even carry that sorta speed so focusing on it would be lame ( and I know your not at all focused on that Matt.. just saying.. )

Let me know when y'all go to do they lake run. My house I like 3miles from there and I'm sure it'll be comical.