• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

million dollar money bag...

finish my bachelor's degree ( which I currently am at the speed of smell, one-two classes a semester is tough enough working 50-60+ hr/week) (I have about a dozen classes left right now)

they maybe go back and get my Master's, I think I could live off a million bucks for 3 years while I did all this ;)

I'd build a big shop (mini factory) with all the tools I ever wanted and build stuff. Cool stuff.

I am 28 and I can guarantee you I would not blow it. I would pay off all my debt which would take a decent chunk of it and I would end up with a rental property. "currently trying to sale a house" I would then buy a chunk of land and put the rest back and plan for the future. I would ultimatly want to put enough back to make sure my little boy could go to college for free then allow the funds to build so when I am ready I would build the shop and house I wanted on my farm.

Pay off the house, the 200 acres of pure rock ledges thats for sale locally, and get the wife some big ol tatters.

muddinmetal said:
Y'all ****ers are entirely way too greedy!!! I am 30 & guarantee you I could retire TODAY & live happily with 500k tax free
Hey...I said I'd retire! (If my wife would let me....she's a slave driver!!) molaugh

image_zps1t5ctmwp.jpg

I would donate a large portion of it. I would then buy a small/modest piece of property and then build this on it:

9f1449a43bc2f3f4348aadf26c96d97b_zps16d906f1.jpg

Buy a newer motorhouse,
Tiffin Phaeton

2015-TIFFIN-PHAETON-40QBH-15PH40QBH-14911.jpg

and 200-series cruiser for DD'ing and towing when not motor-housing

163_2007_sema_01z+2008_toyota_land_cruiser_project_vehicle+front_view.jpg

Then I'd spend the remainng 65 dollars on a good sushi dinner.

Spend 200k on a house with nice shop (I pay rent for my current shop).
Sell my current house, 50k of that would be my own money and I would put that towards a brand new 6.7 Ford. Sell my current truck for 7,500.
Buy a new trailer that is ideal for 2 rigs.
Give the buggy 10,000 worth of parts for overhaul.
Buy girlfriend a car.
Donate a few thousand to a couple shelters that help animals.
Then try to be smart with it.

I'd have at least $740k left. I hate work so much. I'd have to think proper investing would get me pretty far. Maybe retire in 10 years (by the time I'm 40).

You'll should have started with a bigger bag of money. A million bucks in the bank , on today's intrest, don't mean much now. You guys are going to spend most of it and THAN retire? 100 k CD s are at .9% . A million might get you 3%. multiply one million times 3%. most of you are making twice that now. Did they not have a tv show about this back in tha early 70's when a million bucks would buy something. BTW I owe about three times that, sooooo, let's talk about lottery money.

halcat said:
let's talk about lottery money.

I know of a guy that won 13 Million from a split lump sum Georgia Lottery, lived in a trailer close to the Georgia state line. He bought all kinds of cool things, for him and for others. Ten years later he was broke and tax man came calling for his purty things... He now lives in a trailer again, working at the SAME factory he "flipped dem birds" to a decade prior. A buddy drove me by the big ole house he had built with all that money, that he no longer lives in.

BTW land speeder, when YOUR bag of money comes, before you but a Pheaton, look at a Thor Tuskany. I wanted a Pheaton real bad until I looked at the Tuskany. Bought a new one at Christmas. 42WX The floor plan is GREAT!

I would build the house I wanted, with some input from the wife, build a shop that I could earn a living out of, help out some of my family that is hard working, the rest would be used to make money, investments, real estate, and a vacation.

halcat said:
BTW land speeder, when YOUR bag of money comes, before you but a Pheaton, look at a Thor Tuskany. I wanted a Pheaton real bad until I looked at the Tuskany. Bought a new one at Christmas. 42WX The floor plan is GREAT!

HUH?! Wha... wha... whas I snorin??? You woke me up! I was dreamin. It was a good dream, and you woke me up!

Back to reality. Yeah, those Thor's ARE nice. The jury is out on well they will withstand years of ownership though. But CampingWorld is pushing them HARD. And Camping World is taking over the market. Buying out all the weary dealers...