• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mini Heims???

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
Where do you get miniature heims for say shift linkage and whatnot, and what are they truly called? just mini heims?:corn:

I need something that will take a 3/8" or 1/4" bolt...

OH, and any suggestions on shifter knobs and shafts too!:corn:

ALSO, I have a question about mounting the shifters.... is it a bad idea to have them attached to the cab floor instead of attached to the tranny or t-case and have them "float" ? I just don't see many options for mounting them to the t-case or tranny right now....:eeek:

Last edited:
Where do you get miniature heims for say shift linkage and whatnot, and what are they truly called? just mini heims?:corn:

ALSO, I have a question about mounting the shifters.... is it a bad idea to have them attached to the cab floor instead of attached to the tranny or t-case and have them "float" ? I just don't see many options for mounting them to the t-case or tranny right now....:eeek:

if you mount them to the floor and the motor and tranny move it can shift on you, or break something.

www.mcmastercarr.com

If you wanna buy them localy throught a store try eastside custom motorsports, they are located in totem lake, I'm sure you have seen the store they always have a super nice built bronco or jeep or lifted super duty outside all the time.

I picked up lots of shock tabs and gussets along with 4 hiems that were perfect for shifter linkage:awesomework:

http://www.speedmartinc.com/ in Burlington sells them of all sizes for mini sprints, sprint cars, etc.

They have a HUGE selection. You can also buy swedged rods in multiple lengths too.

heim_copy.jpg

rad_rod_clipped_bw_copy.jpg

hit the wrecking yard and pick up some sway bar links off of most any of the new trucks. most truck makers have gone to a tie rod style link end instead of the old rubber biscuts. most dont have tapered holes either. and can always be easily replaced with same size heims if you cant find replacements.:awesomework:

just hit up any farm or inudstrial supply shop and ask for some spherical rod ends.

i think i paid 5 bucks for a 3/8ths from fastenal...

QA1 or Aurora Bearing is where we get all of ours... Never had a problem with the ones from Aurora Bearing, we did have a couple fail from QA1...

cherokee's use a partially body mounted transfer case shifter. it sucks alot. they auto adjust, as the mounts move around. ever seen a guy with a tow strap around his shifter to keep it in low in a cherokee? probably out of adjustment.