• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

More Diesel ?'s

Since this thread has basically degenerated... I'll throw in my contribution to the hijack.

I love my 1st gen CTD... 12V, kingpins, leaf springs... too bad Dodge ****ed up the cabs. My cab is rusting to pieces at 260k.

I'd be confused by a comfortable, quiet diesel pickup. :redneck:

Since this thread has basically degenerated... I'll throw in my contribution to the hijack.

I love my 1st gen CTD... 12V, kingpins, leaf springs... too bad Dodge ****ed up the cabs. My cab is rusting to pieces at 260k.

I'd be confused by a comfortable, quiet diesel pickup. :redneck:

I loved my old Ford (77) to drive around in and use just as a truck. But on road trips, the comfort of the newer trucks for the whole family is very nice to have.

And my balljoints are still good at 140k :beer:. But I'll never know how much longer they would have gone since I got a newer axle for the truck.

i have a 2004 6.0L powerstroke.
so far i am into my engine for around 10 thousand
EGR delete kit
coolant filtration kit
ARP head bolts
having the heads shaved down
Oil cooler
oil cooler kit
head gaskets
there is alittle more i can't remember
that was around 7k

then the Edge Juice with Attitude Platnium 1K (also i had the banks 6 gun)

Garrett power max turbo 1300

banks exhaust $$$?

MRBP turbo down pipe and MBRP cat delete pipe 400

there is more i just can't remember anyway as of now i get 14 MPG....it tows good, it is my DD i wish the milage was better but it is what it is..

stage one injectors are next 50hp they tend to add 2.6 mpg but thats another 3000.....

dodge sucks..........fords cost money..........CHEVY diesel seems to be the best:awesomework: my exwife totaled my 2006 2500hd i thought i would try something different (the ford) and man my wallet loves me:rolleyes:

And this vast knowledge comes from?

i would like to answer with saying i am a diesel tech... however it does not truly justify me saying that.. 90% personal belief ( everyone has something they just don't like) and my buddies that do have dodges have had lots of various issues over the past couple years so the other 10% comes from there

I LOVE 6.0L's, working on them has been paying for my wheeling habit... I thank the Ford reps at every training class I go to for the 6.0 :D

If done right, the 6.0 can be damn impressive, for a reasonable amount of money. But there is a serious learning curve when it comes to those engines. And most people don't know it. I remember when the dmax came out and the negativity was high. It's done some amazing things and proven many wrong (including myself). But they have their faults just as well. Negatives are always louder then the positives.

Who gives a **** if it will hold 700HP? 90% of the trucks sold stay in stock trim and we have had **** tons of problems with our stock 6.0's. We had 1 truck that was 1 more invoice from being Lemon Lawed. I shouldn't have to modify the engine on a $40k cab/chassis to make it survive as a daily driver.:rolleyes:

Who gives a **** if it will hold 700HP? 90% of the trucks sold stay in stock trim and we have had **** tons of problems with our stock 6.0's. We had 1 truck that was 1 more invoice from being Lemon Lawed. I shouldn't have to modify the engine on a $40k cab/chassis to make it survive as a daily driver.:rolleyes:

This. The average guy buys the truck and uses it as just that....a truck. If said truck is always getting repaired, said truck is a turd. To spend big money on repairs to make expensive truck reliable is well dumb.