• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ms. TB-F's "Mild" 4 runner build

TB-F

Story: 3 1/2 years ago we bought a wrecked 91 runner. Maroon Loaded, 3.0L:puke: 5spd with plans to drive it for a while after fixing it up and then doing a mild buildup involving more power and traction.

That runner met it's maker on the side of hwy2 when a box van hit it at 60mph:mad:

Bought another runner, 90, didnt have all the fancy stuf of the first one, was also maroon :eeek: It was kina a pile, drove it for a while then sold it to my brother so I could buy a tow rig. Down 2 maroon runners.

So my wife still wants a 90's 4 runner with more power and a SAS. And who am I to say no?:haha:

This will be her daily driver to replace her mommy-wagon 99 tarus.:puke: The plan is replace the 3.0 with the 99 4.3L originaly for my buggy project, rip the inferior front suspension out and keep it super low with 35" BFG's.

The victim.
Cherry 91 runner with a blowed up engine, loaded:awesomework: and it's um... Maroon. We just cant get away from maroon 4 runners.
100_0532.jpg

Pile of goodies.

100_0533.jpg

More goodies
100_0534.jpg

Shiny clean hot tanked frontend parts
100_0535.jpg

:stirpot:

the boys and i drove by this afternoon , didnt look like any one was home so we kept going..

hunter made me drive all the way out there because he wanted to see hailey

Wife was going stir crazy after being traped in the house for 8 days so we drove to lake wenatchee.

Too bad, Hailey would have liked to play with Hunter..

Got the rest of the front axle related stuff

100_0564.jpg

Then I got the housing striped of all those unescisary factory brackets and hammred the big dent out of the front and plated over it.

100_0566.jpg

This is the best way to remove bering races :redneck:

100_0569.jpg

Now I need to put the rear dif back in it so I can push it in to the shop and rip the drivetrain out:D

is Ms. TB-F going to be putting it together?:corn:

Yes, I told her I'd get all the parts and tear everything apart. Then I would hide everything around the shop and she could put it all together in whatever order she wanted :haha:

Yes, I told her I'd get all the parts and tear everything apart. Then I would hide everything around the shop and she could put it all together in whatever order she wanted :haha:

oh you brave! I wouldn't want the wife to be snopping around my garage:;

gimme more... i wanna see how its gonna turn out. its gonna be my build but less trail beater i think.. arb, 30 splinerz, etc oh and mine is gonna be more ghetto dented, hahahah.:beer: :beer: :beer: