• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

MURRAH MOTORSPORTS FJ truck crawler build

rocfun

CUSTOM FABRICATION
Kel (lowbudgetjunk) aquired a fj trail rig and rode it a few times, and decided to clean some things and change up some things on it.
He gave me a list of the issues that needed to be addressed and said "do something with the way it looks". I was all about being given the all clear to build something different and something i liked. And hopefully he would like it as well.
I had a list and a budget to stick to. Kel wanted to sell it once it was done to put the money toward his tube buggy. Something with a body didn't agree with his driving style hahaha.
Here are a few pics of how it looked when he dropped it off....

Re: FJ truck crawler build

I started by cutting all the tubing and front of the frame, so i could start with a tub and bare frame. We decided to go with a 2 seat style. Since it was leafs in the rear i decided to build a pick up bed on the rear. It would give some storage space, get the gas tank out of the cab area, and most importantly be a little different.
On the bed i did a 4" section of perforated metal so it could be washed out easily. I also made diconnects on rear of cage so it can be taken off if need be.
The panels and floor of bed are removable if one needs to be replaced in the future.

On the front i built new tube fenders amd trimmed and fitted the original fenders so they could still be run as well. Then cut the front of the frame and shortened it, ckeaned it up some, and built a winch mount.

After a lot of welding and fitting i put some paint on it and cleaned it up

Them it was time to go back home with Kel

It's not hate... Me and the "blue waffle" just feel like the middle child who has been forgotten.
You got all your new franz that are professional racers and have cool FJs.
I'm just over here like, whatevs...

Eddyj said:
It's not hate... Me and the "blue waffle" just feel like the middle child who has been forgotten.
You got all your new franz that are professional racers and have cool FJs.
I'm just over here like, whatevs...
He got into a hand to hand combat situation with a snake in waist high grass for you. I'm kinda jealous of you!

It was clearly a life or death situation with a deadly pit viper......not to be raken lightly son

rocfun said:
It was clearly a life or death situation with a deadly pit viper......not to be raken lightly son

I assure you I'm not raken this lightly, I'm just saying when the grass was cut we didn't see any boa constrictors.

The FJ turned out righteous and kick ass, he should have no problem selling it. I have a literally been in the passenger seat and seent it with my own eyes out wheel much nicer buggies. (Pholman)

#747folyfe

It is definitely too nice for me. I actually pushed in the tailgate on the shakedown run and Patrick had to fix it before paint. I am pretty sure Primos or V-Notch put a slight wobble in the front driveshaft.

Overall, Patrick really knocked it out of the park. I couldn't believe what he came up with on my budget and how well it all works now. Little changes he made, really helped overall drivability. The bumps not coming in too early softened the ride, adjustable drivers seat allows me to hit the pedals and steer at the same time and the visibility from the way he took out a little metal on the dash and dropped the bars made a huge difference.

He definitely went over and beyond on it. I love the lines and the bed. Great job. Even for a ford lover/ wanna be pit viper wrangler. Heard it was really a trouser snake but who knows

Re:

I actually had an offer for $500 over the asking price, two that were the asking price and I took the first offer 37 minutes after it was listed.

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

Glad it worked out for you. Now you can finally get your red buggy done, or your RV, or the store truck, or the VW...

Re:

Or the tractor, or the Dodge, or the CJ5 or CJ3, or the Chevy

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
I actually had an offer for $500 over the asking price, two that were the asking price and I took the first offer 37 minutes after it was listed.

:dblthumb: loller.gif