• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Junk

Ok so I got my mess cleaned up and started going through things. I also pulled both doors in ease of getting under the dash.

So my first thing was to look into the injection (and start mapping out my wiring).

So my first thing to figure out is the throttle body issue. Luckily my memory started pumping again and I remembered some things about the older/newer systems.

Now the plenum that bill has on the rig (chrome one) is an early model setup and the rest of what he has is later model stuff.

Now the one big difference is in the throttle body. The early model used a separate valve assembly down under the plenum with a nipple off the throttle body for more air when cold. The newer model incorporates this into the throttle body.

Here is the early model plenum on the rig.

boosted1.jpg

And here is the plenum on the later model

boosted2.jpg

Here you can see more material below the lower bolts on the later model plenum that basically blocks off a port.

Here you can see the later model throttle body

boosted3.jpg

So now we run into a bit of an issue. We can't run an early throttle body mainly due to the cold air valve being separate (I think thats what its called).

So after some thought there is a way to run the later model throttle body, by making an adapter thats matched to the later model throttle body--that will block off the passage and act just like the later model plenum. This will require 2 gaskets, old model and later model, but it could, in theory work.

that plentum brings a hole new meaning to turn polishing!:haha:

to bad it is not a newer style plentum, better/straighter design+ better air flow:D just stating the obvious

that plentum brings a hole new meaning to turn polishing!:haha:

to bad it is not a newer style plentum, better/straighter design+ better air flow:D just stating the obvious

I can't see any gains on a mildly built motor james running a newer plenum.

Thanks bill/mark.

Should see the mess I have made now--wiring crap all over the floor :haha:

So since I am redoing/rerouting the engine bay harness's--let me know what you want to keep.

Headlamps--thats a yes from our talking.
Turn signals?
Parking lamps?
horn?
washer pump wiring?
Low brake fluid sensor wiring?

Mike,
I would like to retain the headlights, parking lights (combine with turn sigs) and horn. No need for the other stuff.

If you want, give me a call when you get a chance....I'll be up till 1am or so.

Thanks, Bill

Last edited:
Ok, time for some updates...

Ok, here is how the wiring looked under the hood when I got the rig (gotta show before and after pics :awesomework:)

boosted4.jpg

boosted5.jpg

boosted6.jpg

And on the front of the rig.

boosted7.jpg

Here is the donor motor harness. One thing I really hate on all the ones I do--that gooey goop you get from oil being soaked into the tape on the harness's.

boosted11.jpg

I got it stripped down to the needed circuits. I stream lined it and pulled all the BS crap out of it.

boosted12.jpg

And here is the front all redone. Bill also wanted an in cab winch control so I had to open the winch and do the needed work/wires to make it happen :awesomework:

boosted13.jpg

boosted14.jpg

boosted15.jpg

And I started laying out the harness on the drivers side. With talking with bill, he wants to eventually dove tail the nose. So I am doing the wiring so that it won't interfere with it when he is ready.

boosted16.jpg

So thats where I sit as of now :awesomework: