• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Junk

You drop the parts off to Mike? If so, as soon as I talk to him, I will send out the payment. Ive been on the road for the past 3 days and just got to South Carolina and havent had a chance to do anything yet.

BTW, the weather here is amazing....too bad the wheelin is not. :fawkdancesmiley:

This has been one crazy week--not to mention I now fall into old fart stage,lol. But ya I have to still get ahold of james :booo:

Hey Mike,

I know Frankie dropped off some "extra" stuff like the rock assault housing but just so you know, dont worry about installing it. The deal with James fell thru due to mis-communication on his rear housing with disc brakes which is what I needed to run that rock assault housing....sooo, here's what I think is remaining for you to do on my junk.

1 - finish wiring to include relocation of battery.
2 - finish EFI
3 - finish installing rest of engine components (ignition, intake, etc...)
4 - install good ARB third
5 - replace bad ARB housing and install

Once thirds are in, I will need the measurements to have Frankie take my drivelines to Best Drivelines (in Everett) to make front and shorten rear.

6 - complete installation of ARB pump
7 - fab and install brackets for T-case crossmember (on frame)
8 - install drivelines
9 - fill fluids (only thing that has any oil in it is the transmission.
10 - wheel the crap out of it and put some rock rash on them sexy rock rings :fawkdancesmiley:

Once you are confident all is good, then I will arrange to have trucking company pick it up and bring it to me.

Oh, before I forget....pm me your address. I got some $$ that I want to send you.

Thanks, Bill

Hey Mike,

I know Frankie dropped off some "extra" stuff like the rock assault housing but just so you know, dont worry about installing it. The deal with James fell thru due to mis-communication on his rear housing with disc brakes which is what I needed to run that rock assault housing....sooo, here's what I think is remaining for you to do on my junk.

1 - finish wiring to include relocation of battery.
2 - finish EFI
3 - finish installing rest of engine components (ignition, intake, etc...)
4 - install good ARB third
5 - replace bad ARB housing and install

Once thirds are in, I will need the measurements to have Frankie take my drivelines to Best Drivelines (in Everett) to make front and shorten rear.

6 - complete installation of ARB pump
7 - fab and install brackets for T-case crossmember (on frame)
8 - install drivelines
9 - fill fluids (only thing that has any oil in it is the transmission.
10 - wheel the crap out of it and put some rock rash on them sexy rock rings :fawkdancesmiley:

Once you are confident all is good, then I will arrange to have trucking company pick it up and bring it to me.

Oh, before I forget....pm me your address. I got some $$ that I want to send you.

Thanks, Bill

Got the list writen down :awesomework:

I am going to get that arb torn down this week and figure out what we need. I will pm ya my addy...

ALso, do you want the fenders and so on back on it?

Ok putting right along.

So the next thing I wanted to tackle was the new fuse block and relay mount. My origional idea was to mount the fuse block on the firewall in the passenger compartment area and the relays on the passenger kick panel area. Well after some thought I decided to not mount them there. This was mainly due to possably kicking them and down near moisture. So instead I came up with something different.

Here is where I mounted the fuse block.

boosted46.jpg

Its in the area between where the glove box ends and the end of the dash--just enough room.

To mount it I had to make a couple brackets. The one tough part about it is the lip along the bottom edge of the dash is very narrow due to the outer skin of the dash where is wraps around. Once the holes were drilled I had to remove some of the dash

boosted47.jpg

For the relays I made a bracket--one side mounts at the ecm bracket bolt and the other on the side of the body.

boosted48.jpg

boosted49.jpg

Ok so one thing I have never agreed with when people wanna stream line there wiring harness to simplify it---pulling all of the dignostics abilty from the system. Now granted with the toyota stuff its alot more elaborate than your domestic stuff. But none the less if you have a problem and cannot easilt dignose it by factory standards-well I have never agreed with it. Plus once this thing is done its heading to south carolina.

In any case I figured out where I wanted the diagnostic port and made a mount for it.

boosted50.jpg

boosted51.jpg

Now time for a little fun. I roughed in the harness so that made it a little easier

boosted52.jpg

So after a number of hours I was able to get a good portion of the passenger side done..

boosted53.jpg

boosted54.jpg

boosted55.jpg

boosted56.jpg

I was also able to pre-build the harness and run it over to the driver side so the harness could be ran in one shot. So it was critical to make sure I had all of the circuits figured out that had to run in that portion of the harness..

Here is the roughed in wiring for all of the switch's (ARB stuff, rock lights and off road lamps). Within that portion of the loom I ran both a constant B+ and switched B+ so the switchs can be setup either way.

boosted57.jpg

Got the list writen down :awesomework:

I am going to get that arb torn down this week and figure out what we need. I will pm ya my addy...

ALso, do you want the fenders and so on back on it?

Nah, I will take care of that later at some point. I dont want to add on anymore work thats gonna slow down the completion.... :;

Thanks again Mike, I really appreciate you taking on the completion of my junk. This thing is going to be badass and I cant wait to show these boys down here how we do it in the Pacific Northwest!!!

I was going to update this last night but got sidetracked.

So I have all of the powerfeeds except the main one to the battery. The origional power feeds to the truck are protected with fusable link.

boosted58.jpg

And I got the diagnostic connector wired in also and the engine portion ruffed in. I did mess up and forgot the damn feed into the diagnostic port for the fuel pump so I have to fix that down under the dash.

boosted59.jpg

So since the battery and ARB pump/soloniods are not going in the front but in the storage box behind the cab--I started by removing these pumps that were back there.

boosted60.jpg

This is down in the box where I am putting the battery. Thats the converter for the tail lights. I am going to remove that whole mess and reroute it a little better since I have to run wires under the be anyways.

boosted61.jpg

One thing I feel strongly about--is securing a battery as good as you can. They are pretty heavy and have alot of stored energy in case you roll over or go for a tumble. So I went and made a craddle to help keep it in its place. I keep a dead optima just for these occasions..

boosted62.jpg

boosted63.jpg

boosted64.jpg

boosted65.jpg

And here it sits bolted down. Its tucked as far to the passenger side as I could get it. I am going to take the plate that held the other compressors and the arb pump will sit above it to help save any space.

boosted66.jpg

I dont care if Mike dont care.... :;

Hey Frankie, have you been able to find the parts that Mike needed? Lemme know.

Mike, looking good. Damn I cant wait ffs.... :booo:

yea meeting up with the guy tomarrow, saw mike tonight picked up compressors on the way to my buddies. And he was wondering what you were doing with the rear axle i had told him prior when i droped off your arbs longfields rock assalt that you gave it to me for delivering the stuff but he wants to know if you want the rock assult in the truck or not let me know cause i sold bolth my ifs axle housings so i need to know if i have to look for a new one:corn::fawkdancesmiley:

yea meeting up with the guy tomarrow, saw mike tonight picked up compressors on the way to my buddies. And he was wondering what you were doing with the rear axle i had told him prior when i droped off your arbs longfields rock assalt that you gave it to me for delivering the stuff but he wants to know if you want the rock assult in the truck or not let me know cause i sold bolth my ifs axle housings so i need to know if i have to look for a new one:corn::fawkdancesmiley:

I would run the rock assault rear housing if the deal I had on a rear axle with disc brakes didnt fall thru. I dont mind giving you the rear axle in my truck but I will need axles and brakes for the rock assault. Give me a call and lets figure something out.

Latest posts