• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My long awaited build thread...

So I went and started digging thru boxes and figured since joe put the new pump on a while back--I figured it needed the other parts thrown at it. Found a real nice mounting place for it--worked like a charm :awesomework:

joe89.jpg

joe90.jpg

So I got tired of tripping over the boxes of wiring harness's--so what the hell I thought to myself--lets see what kind of mess I can make--and a mess I did make(granted it was only a small mess-but be asured it will be a bigger mess here soon enough :redneck: )

So I was able to pre-wire the front clip. One thing I fought with was where to mount the fant control do-hicky thing a ma bob. There was just no place that it would easily fit--to where it was somewhat protected from water. Well as you can see its up high--only damn place I could find.

joe91.jpg

joe92.jpg

Very nice work Mike :awesomework: Shouldn't you have toned it back a bit since it is a Jeep? :stirpot: :redneck:

It will be fine :awesomework: And worst case I extend it out an inch from the intake. But it will be fine :;

And ben the 4.0 has the intake and exhaust on the same side

I can't believe that guy told him I started the project. I gave him all of the old stuff out of my YJ and then built an extra set of brackets and bumpers just like the ones that used to be on my jeep. Then it sat in his garage and collected dust. That is all I know. Anyways... Crash, that is some awesome work and it's good to see that someone cool ended up with the project. Now lets hit some trails!

Ok so I went thru the stock wranger wiring harness and trimmed out all the un-needed stuff(2.5 harness). There are a couple circuits I left that I might use but for the most part that parts done.

joe93.jpg

Here is the bundle of crap I yanked out of it.

joe94.jpg

And here is the wiring harness that came out of his XJ that I will now make a massive mess with

joe95.jpg

OK--Just kinda putting my way thru it.
Here is the cleaned ecm side of the harness. You can see I left the bulkhead connector on the harness for now.
joe96.jpg

Freshly tossed in ecm harness. Time to get the bulkhead connectors outa there...
joe97.jpg

The 4 cylinder map sensor was in the middle of the firewall--I didn't like it there so I reworked the bracket and moved it to drivers side of the firewall where the edge of the tunnel is.. And you can see that the bulkhead connectors are now gone. Looks much better.
joe98.jpg

And got the line locks mounted also.
joe99.jpg

Ok I am still poking my way thru the wiring. My main goal is to retain the wiring structure of the XJ for ease of diagnosing any future component problems. But here is the relays all done except I have to move one terminal into a different cavity.
joe100.jpg

Here is where I put the ignition module and the small fues block. The only thing I changed from the Xj structure was I added fuses and broke the power sources up a little since the XJ used fusable links.
joe101.jpg

I also cut/modified the stock diagnostic ports bracket and mounted it to the battery holder.
joe102.jpg

I mounted the main junction block and started making all the positive cables. Just need to do the negative cables and I can start checking what does/doesn't work

joe103.jpg

joe104.jpg

Latest posts