• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My TQ3 mod.

Knok2222

Well im sure youve seen this done before, but be'n tottaly new at all of this I thought it was cool that its SOOO easy to do. I know you can find all the info to do it on another thread, exept how to wire the pot. I used a linear-taper potentiometer 5k-0hm.
102_1120.jpg

I have a newer TQ3 that has the switch on a board. I just cut that out, making sure to leave myself enough wire to spare. Now I didnt realize i didnt have a soldering iron so I ended up use'n a lighter. NOT RECOMMENDED!!!! messy, but i got it done somehow.
102_1125.jpg

I used a piece of metal off of an old processor fan I had lay'n around. Dremmeled the mounts for the old switch board down to almost nothing being carfull to not cover the screw hole. I then drilled a hole in the end of the chunk of metal, and a larger one in the middle. I screwed the end down to the old board mount and that gave me a spot to mount the pot. It also made it so the pot was somwhat recessed.

After gett'n that together this is what I had. It took a few tries to get it to set in there deep enough to put the back of the radio together. I also had to cut the trigger stop so that it would clear, which is no big deal though because the pot took its place.
102_1129.jpg

And after i put a knob on it. only temp though I have some other stuff I want to do, just gett'n tired tonight.

102_1130.jpg

I will chop about 2" off of the post, because it is way to big. And im going to fab somthing to cover up the hole in the radio where the old switch was.
Other than that it works great! no I get to replace the inner axle i broke :(

Last edited:

Latest posts