• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Neato kinda tools

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
What kinda tools do you have that are kinda cool---specific tools?

I just got one today---1000 foot lb torque multiplier for my diff work--should make my job a lil easier..

I also have a hydralic tubing flair rool that I can do 45 degrre brake line flairs and gm o-ring style stuff...

I have a ton more but those are kinda the neato tools...

all kinds of fun toys and i just bought a Kregg pocket screw jig set up for making face frames got a new shaper for making moldings a while back.

Hazet magnetic spark plug sockets - how'd I ever live without them?

1/4" mini air ratchet. I use it all the way to about 5/8" sockets on freakin' everything, but I gotta use an adapter. Time to get the 3/8" version :D

My drill doctor is kinda handy...

And we just got a pressure washer... Dayyuum :D

My favorite is the bearing puller I got from Randy's. Where'd you get the torque multiplier? Sounds great for crush sleeves:clappy:

My neatest tool is my impact gun. :redneck:

Oh yeah, and the most useful tools that I never expected I would use as much as I do are my swivel head ratchet wrenches... they're the cheap "gear wrench" brand, so I figured I'd use them until I broke them or they stopped working and get new ones... so far I use them over normal wrenches all the time when I can and I haven't broken one yet, hammering on them, stepping on them to loosen stuff, etc, hasn't been a problem.

My drill doctor is pretty cool,

But how about tool's you have made. I made the crusty tool. :redneck: It's a combo between a long flat tip screwdriver, holley double pumper fuel rail, and some electrical tape. :redneck:

Works like a stethoscope. :D

The coolest tool is a shelf i made out of the 14" section of toyota bed when i bobbed my truck. :redneck:

I use my gear wrenches ALL THE TIME, my personal favorite as far as unusual tools is my 1/4inch ratchet that is actually a driver for screw bits, I also like my pneumatic (bet crash wishes he could spell that :flipoff:) screwdriver

spidertoy said:
I use my gear wrenches ALL THE TIME, my personal favorite as far as unusual tools is my 1/4inch ratchet that is actually a driver for screw bits, I also like my pneumatic (bet crash wishes he could spell that :flipoff:) screwdriver
Isn't an electric drill just as good.

I don't think I've ever seen a pneumatic screwdriver.

Autopunch. Love 'em :D

Oh yeah, and my fancy pants Jacobs Super Chuck that cost almost as much as the drill press it's attached too... Holy **** that thing is saawweeeett!!!

My coolest tool is usually the latest one I got. For, that's my oxy/acetelene tanks. I'm having a blast burning metal! Next I gotta learn gas welding and hammer welding.

I got my mig which is pretty handy but I find myself using my stick welder more often. Now I got those cutting rods, sloppy cuts but im getting better at it

KarlVP said:
Isn't an electric drill just as good.

I don't think I've ever seen a pneumatic screwdriver.

pneumatic screwdriver doesnt run out of batteries, and its a **** load lighter, so when you have to put in like 2000 screws, its just hands down better:cool: plus its very slender so I can get it into tighter spots, that all aircraft have at least one of:mad:

How 'bout one of these...
IMG_5439.sized.jpg

Drillmate and Snap-on 1/2" air drill, it's how us skinny guys drill holes:flipoff: When I was doing a bunch of IFS Chevy lifts, I could blast out the 10 or so 9/16" holes in the frames in less than 10 minutes with no pilot holes and not break a sweat. Just used it to holesaw a couple of 2 1/4" holes in frame of the K5 for this
IMG_5438.sized.jpg

My boroscope. Nice to see inside the heater box and into cylinders and down intakes, without pulling them apart.

My Sterrit combo set is nice, 16" rule/tri square, centering head and compass. Spendy, but the best there is out there. :cool:

and the tools I have made becuase there are not any other ones out there like them. :D