• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New BK Offroad Park

One or two extreme individual obstacles by the parking area.
Like the manmade boat ramp at HPO.
If I manage to make an entire day wheeling and not break anything. I am pumped up and want to try something "stupid" but don't want to break with the sun setting.
This played out at the Hpo HL ride. Everyone was headed to camp around dark and we decided to hit the boat ramp.

Grew up in this area and cant believe that someone hasnt already done something like this sooner. This might actually motivate me to do a little more wheeling.

About the only thing I can add is make the signing in process as quick and easy as possible. I've seen 45 - 60 minute waits up here on bigger events.

From the sounds of things you have the basics covered.

Eddyj said:
A place RZRs can do donuts and blast music at 3am, far away from camp.

x2 Have an "EXCLUSIVE SXS ONLY CAMPGROUND"

Make the 'em feel special.

It'll be like the "VIP ROOM" in a fancy club, it's really just to give the douchers a place to congregate away from the regular folk.

I hate to sound like a :tc but IMO AOP really has the blueprint for how a park should be ran/managed all the way down to the trail system, parking/camping area, and how they handle event weekends. I feel confident Matt, with all his knowledge of this business, will make this place awesome. It's key though that once all the work is done you can't sit on your laurels. An evolving trail system keeps people coming back. I ride AOP all the time and it seems like they are always opening new trails keeping things fresh. They also do good job of making sure they have a trail system for everyone; from the Jeep guy with the entire quadratec catalog bolted on to his junk up to the bouncer type buggies. I could give a rats ass about those Jeep guys but their money is just as good as anyone's and at the end of the day we all want a healthy park.

Eddyj said:
A place RZRs can do donuts and blast music at 3am, far away from camp.

Best idea ever!!!

A separate "quiet time" from 11 pm-7am campground would be awesome for folks that just want to enjoy outdoor family time :****:

Jwhite76 said:
This is great , this will make 3 parks I can be at in less than 20 minutes.
AOP 5 min
Busted Knuckle Park 15 min
Aetna Mountain Adventures 20

Must be nice. Takes me a whole 30 minutes to get to AMA, 45 to AOP.

muddinmetal said:
Best idea ever!!!

A separate "quiet time" from 11 pm-7am campground would be awesome for folks that just want to enjoy outdoor family time :****:

Awesome idea! That's one reason I don't come to big rides. I can handle guys drinking and cussing and all that, I just keep my kids away or there is so much happening on the trail they don't notice but loud rowdy campgrounds are annoying. 6 years ago when I was the loud and rowdy camper I thought quiet hours were annoying, so a place for each crowd would be nice..

redneckengineered said:
I hate to sound like a :tc but IMO AOP really has the blueprint for how a park should be ran/managed all the way down to the trail system, parking/camping area, and how they handle event weekends. I feel confident Matt, with all his knowledge of this business, will make this place awesome. It's key though that once all the work is done you can't sit on your laurels. An evolving trail system keeps people coming back. I ride AOP all the time and it seems like they are always opening new trails keeping things fresh. They also do good job of making sure they have a trail system for everyone; from the Jeep guy with the entire quadratec catalog bolted on to his junk up to the bouncer type buggies. I could give a rats ass about those Jeep guys but their money is just as good as anyone's and at the end of the day we all want a healthy park.

honestly, well said

would be nice if there was a vehicle wash down area also, concrete pad and pressure washer would be fine. keeping the local roadway clear on damp, muddy days will help with morale of neighbors and townsfolk.

Re: Re: New BK Offroad Park

redneckengineered said:
Agreed. I know most of us want to see the big Rock gardens and crazy obstacles/hills but we learned running a park that spectators and stock style rigs keep the gates open.

So for "big event" weekends, having races near the camp/parking will promote walking for spectators. Or make sure there is plenty of room for rigs parked.

Plenty of "trail riding" and creek beds for the stockers/sxs.

A park that can be enjoyed by all 4x4 enthusiasts. The Jeep clubs might not be your thing, but open digs are sold everyday. Big block, linked on stickys might not be your thing, but they are more prevalent now than ever. RZRs in all varieties might not be your thing, but they are more popular than ever.

Facilities, great main trail system, accurate map, great parking, RV hookups to include a dump station, common camping area, fire rings, wood available to cut up or purchase. Ramp champ, night riding, man made obstacles near camp to ride on, short course to break your dd on, rc car track doesn't hurt.

Latest posts