• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New BK Offroad Park

Opening up the shop sounds like a no go, at Disney there is a lean to with a jib sticking out, a chain fall on it and an old AC buzz box stick welder and whatever old 6011 and other random rod laying there. throw a few $ in the box. Most people can do about anything if they have a way to glue 2 pieces back together. my dad now has 3 of those old buzz boxes (Lincoln 225). they are everywhere cheap as **** and no worries on it being a loaner. Hard to hurt them too. No way I'd let any old dickhead have free run on the real welders/plasmas/torch etc. **** leave the bottles on one time and there went $100 in gas .

blacksheep10 said:
Opening up the shop sounds like a no go, at Disney there is a lean to with a jib sticking out, a chain fall on it and an old AC buzz box stick welder and whatever old 6011 and other random rod laying there. throw a few $ in the box. Most people can do about anything if they have a way to glue 2 pieces back together. my dad now has 3 of those old buzz boxes (Lincoln 225). they are everywhere cheap as **** and no worries on it being a loaner. Hard to hurt them too. No way I'd let any old dickhead have free run on the real welders/plasmas/torch etc. **** leave the bottles on one time and there went $100 in gas .

Buzz box and a donation bucket under the lean to sounds like a much better plan. :dblthumb:

Quiet Camping
Rv water fill up and dump station
Big Hills
Parking lot speed limit
Challenging long trails like the creek bed at Aetna
Easy trails for the little guys no pun intended, there are tons of Jeep Clubs and their always looking for a place to have club rides.
Pull offs on the trail to park, cant tell you how many RZRs I have pulled/moved out of the way because they just park in the middle of the trail.
RC Crawler course just because its cool

Some sort of track just for kids, I have recently got a 4 wheeler for my girls and would love to turn them loose and not have to worry about some RZR douche or drunk idiot running over them. It don't have to be big just a small area with some turns and humps. Right now we ride around my brothers shop for hours and they have a ball.

jeeptj99 said:
Rausch Creek had hose reels by the parking lot and a compressor somewhere it was pretty cool.

I used those once.... Ended up with about a quart of water in my tire. The compressor is in the building where you sign in....Up hill from where you fill up from, so all the condensation runs down hill.

But still a good idea.

Cheap throw away microwave under the pavilion area?

Can't tell you how many times I wish I had one tent camping. If it breaks, someone can donate another used one.

Re:

Decent bathroom and shower facilities are a huge plus. Many ppl that tent camp won't go to really good parks because the facilities are crappy.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Covered pavilion and fewer trees to hit. molaugh Good, wide entrance(s) and exits so one vehicle doesn't slow down traffic going in and out. That's the only drawback about HPO in my opinion. thumb.gif

I saw a few videos on their fb page. Looked like they were doing a mess of work trying to cut some trails. ????????

mckeddie said:
There any pics of this place yet?

Couple vids on the FB page, nothing major yet.

Really appreciate all the input. Several of these ideas are in the works, some we had not thought of yet. We want this park to be the epitome of 4x4 off road riding. We like to hang out and have a good time, and we want to create an environment that is friendly and fun for all types of riders and skill levels. Just so everyone can help spread the word, April 28-30 will be our opening weekend for SRRS Round 4. This park was just an idea about 4 weeks ago, and we had not planned on opening this early. While we hope to have a lot done by race time, it will not yet be a finished product, so please bear with us. Many of the ideas you all mentioned and more are in the works. I don't want to give anything away just yet, but it's going to be awesome! :spin: loller.gif Keep up to date with the Facebook page, Busted Knuckle Off Doad Park.

The original Crawfords campground with Mr. Crawford sitting in the garage door would be the best place to replicate in my opinion for the campsite area. You could sit for hours and listen to stories from him.

CTA791 said:
Couple vids on the FB page, nothing major yet.

Really appreciate all the input. Several of these ideas are in the works, some we had not thought of yet. We want this park to be the epitome of 4x4 off road riding. We like to hang out and have a good time, and we want to create an environment that is friendly and fun for all types of riders and skill levels. Just so everyone can help spread the word, April 28-30 will be our opening weekend for SRRS Round 4. This park was just an idea about 4 weeks ago, and we had not planned on opening this early. While we hope to have a lot done by race time, it will not yet be a finished product, so please bear with us. Many of the ideas you all mentioned and more are in the works. I don't want to give anything away just yet, but it's going to be awesome! :spin: loller.gif Keep up to date with the Facebook page, Busted Knuckle Off Doad Park.

Thanks for all the info, and nice signature lines by the way!

I may have missed it but, how big is this park? We have to drive from south Georgia so hell every park is at least 4 hrs for us.

Its always great to be able to go to a park website and get advice on good places to stay and how far they are from the park. Some kind of shop facility is GREAT for us that have to drive a long ways as well. That has really helped out in the past and can be a big plus for people that have to drive as far as we do. Its good to know you can possibly patch up a rig to keep riding instead of packing up to go home because of what could have been a fixable problem with a shop around. We don`t have any problem making shop donations when we use one either. Nobody should.

truckbroke said:
I may have missed it but, how big is this park? We have to drive from south Georgia so hell every park is at least 4 hrs for us.

Its always great to be able to go to a park website and get advice on good places to stay and how far they are from the park. Some kind of shop facility is GREAT for us that have to drive a long ways as well. That has really helped out in the past and can be a big plus for people that have to drive as far as we do. Its good to know you can possibly patch up a rig to keep riding instead of packing up to go home because of what could have been a fixable problem with a shop around. We don`t have any problem making shop donations when we use one either. Nobody should.

Over 600 acres. We will do everything we can to make sure people can keep riding and enjoy their time at the park. :dblthumb:

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
Will you be open during weekdays?

Initially, we will be open on select weekends only. SRRS in April is our only scheduled event thus far. Keep an eye out on FB for a schedule to be released. We want to host 2-4 rock racing series races each year as well as 3-5 or more open ride days (that don't conflict with races if at all possible). We would also be willing to let clubs or groups rent the park for a private ride if that ever comes up.

Again, this is all tentative. We could decide later to be open more or less often. Right now our focus is getting the property ready for a good time come April 28th! We need to implement lots of trails, and once we have a bit of income, we will begin building amenities. Continual work in progress!

What about food? There is a small park somewhat local to us that has a very nice small log cabin type building to sign in at and they have a small grill and fryer for food. They make a killing........ Hot dogs, burgers and fries. They also have drinks and ice cream in the summer time. I have been lucky enough to have wheeled across the country and I will have to say you would never know you were at a off road park when your there. Also as much as it sucks for the hardcore crowd I would probably cater to the local jeep club and JK guys they drop loads of cash.

Really sounds like great stuff.. I think you guys are well on your way to putting together an awesome park. Look forward to making the trip when it's up and running.

-Night riding
-Easy access for breakage
-A few big obstacles with some open area for viewing and just hanging out shootin the ****
-Nothing worse than sitting in line for 2hrs at big events
-If there are a LOT of different trails, name them not number them. I can't stand trying to associate 100 different trails with damn numbers.

I've rode AOP a dozen times already and still can't tell you the number for the trails I've rode. I just go "up the hill halfway on the left past the big rock garden on the main trail". My group has already started giving them generic names to help our dumbasses remember certain trails we like.

When I say let's hit Viper at HPO, we don't have to spend an hour deciphering where and which trail that is.

However, Cartotracks would go a long way in helping with this if it was numbered.