• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New build help

Campbell75683

Hey guys new to this and I'm looking to start my first build.and I was needing to know what material y'all are building your tube chassis out of..and does anyone know what you have to have to make the crawler able to be switched from low gear to high gear..I want to be able to creep and also be able to haul ass.. Also needing help on parts I'm gonna need..like I said I'm need and need help

Sounds like you need to see how many moneys you have available and get on the vehicles for sale and save ALOT of trouble for yourself. :****:

Campbell75683 said:
IDE rather build it myself I'm a damn good fabricator and pipe bender

Id say everything you need to know is in the tech and fab threads. Good luck and keep us posted on the progress. I think everyone on here likes looking at the build threads. :dblthumb:

Re:

I just finished building a yj over the winter, pretty basic rig, carb'd 350, leaf springs, notj ing fancy. All bevause I thought I didnt have the money to buy one and could build one cheaper. After building it, I love the rig and I know every nut and bolt on it, BUT I could have bought a finished PROVEN rig, built much farther than mine ( 4 link, full hydro, etc) for less than what I spent on parts building my basic rig, and that is not counting the countless hours ive spent researching how to do things and building it.

Save yourself some cash and buy a good rig that you can wheel abd modify to your tastes. It will make the hobby much more enjoyable as alot of people take on this sort of build and by the time they are halfway through the project they have never wheeled and are burnt out on it already and end up selling it for a loss.

Just my opinion fwiw

I'm thinking about buying a already built tube chassis.. I think that would be better bet so I don't get burned out on the build...

Campbell75683 said:
I'm thinking about buying a already built tube chassis.. I think that would be better bet so I don't get burned out on the build...

Hit up todds3.8, he builds some pretty cool chassis. And pretty reasonable priced. Super nice guy to boot :dblthumb: