• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New CJ-6 mild build.

jeepermc

I picked this up a few weeks ago and have been r&r'ing things until it can move and stop on its own. It a 1966 CJ-6 with the full Meyer hardtop, 1/3 2/3 split front bench seat and........Perkins 192 4 cylinder diesel engine from the factory.

As I hauled it home.

Perkins Diesel-

Interior- Seats need recovering... Know any good local upholsterers?

Has an hour meter too-

Replacement radiator finally showed up. Not exactly reproduction...lol.

The plan is to get it running and driveable. No major mods except some safety stuff and nothing that can't be somewhat easily undone. Frame needs some repair and the body needs some work but only one of those is gonna happen any time soon. Motor runs good on the trailer, all fluids have been changed, new shocks, all new brake parts and "upgraded" to 11" drums all the way around. Front is done, rear still to go. Should be driveable in the next few weeks. :awesomework: Last time it was registered was 1977.

Nice, what are the old school pizza cutter tires. They look great, and they hold air what more could you ask for. I never even knew that the Perkins Diesel was an option.

They are goodyear somethin aruthers...... Not runnable. The tubes in them are holding the air. I'll bet they wouldn't last past about 40 feet or 40 miles an hour they're so weather checked. They sat in the same spot in the same field for 35+ years. They were sunk 6" into the ground where it was at. lol

nicely done, was the frame damage at the pass side upper shock mount? looks like there was a lot of booger welds there.

Both sides. Right about even with the shocks and then bent upwards from there. Crush damage from the bends I think and poorly fixed by the previous.

I have an 8, have thought of getting a 6, but the 5s are not the bestest thing for a guy of my keg size to jump in and out of all day, so that has kinda slowed down my thoughts that way...
Cool ride however!!:awesomework:

Although I will ALWAYS FAVER THE HIGHHOODS, the Cj-6's are second on my list. Where did you find those Wildcats :awesomework: (CHEERS):beer:

In my storage container.....Left overs from my Schwab days....lol.

JeepasaurusRex- We can probably find a way to get the hinges copied. I wouldn't be excited about removing them for that however.

Got the drivers seat back from upholstery. Did a nice job.

10-4. Easily done then. Took it wheelin this last weekend.

Got hung up on this rock at the diff. could have kept going forward i think but then it would have ended up on the cast aluminum oil pan....no bueno. had to get pulled backwards.

on the way to the rocks-

naches trail-

done for the day with trails-