• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

new homeowner grade riding mower

A buddy, goes by "P" on here, just posted this on Facebook...Lol. damn Poulans.

3cd75b834d8b6004eda7802723435945.jpg

so im done with dixie run, finally got parts and a few free minutes of time and went to button up the last couple things on the deck refresh.

one of the pulleys is warped, so Im all set to order that, spin the blades free and notice a clunk.

the ****ing blades have interferance with each other... thas probably why one of them was broken off.

Gonna have to take out one of the spindles, weld a plate into the deck to put it where its supposed to be and...

I think I have some scrap 3/16" spring plates from the last round of jeep **** that I can use at least.

EDIT: took the easy route and shaved a couple mm of the length of the new blades and balanced them with a string so they clear each other.

TacomaJD said:
Sounds like you made a bad buy, damn pawn shop mower!! Sucks man!

we'll see. deck turns OK now, $15 pulley should be here friday and hopefully it cuts straight... just a little more of a pain than Id expected. if it doesnt come out like i want i'll sell it and try again..

Re:

Find one from a homeowner. When you show up to a nice house and the homeowner rolls one out of the garage to show it to you, it's very likely he took good care of it. You can tell a lot about how a unit has been cared for by the effort put into a listing too. If they take time to take good pics, it still looks new, owner has a nice house - means he has a good job - which means he is probably a fairly responsible adult that takes carenof his ****. It's easy to weed out the ones that may be a waste of money from being mistreated. If it don't feel right, don't buy it.

finally had 30 minutes and everything I needed to put it back together.

took it out of the garage, drove 20' and it sputtered and died.

I fought the urge to torch it on the spot, gave it a quick squirt of carb cleaner, counted to ten and it fired right up. mowed the front yard real quick and all is well :woot:

TacomaJD said:
A buddy, goes by "P" on here, just posted this on Facebook...Lol. damn Poulans.

3cd75b834d8b6004eda7802723435945.jpg
From what I gather, if this pic was taken in the county outside of city limits, that poulan won't ever move. 12 years from now there will be one more on the other side of the property in the same shape.

For whatever reason those owners have brain shutdown and just forget how to push it inside and fix it. It's weirdest phenomenon to me