• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

new homeowner grade riding mower

kmcminn said:
Oh how did I know JD was going to chime in.

I'm surprised you didn't start out with "If you don't spend $X,xxx on a Gravely, yer wasting money. You gots to have a rich folk mower or nothing."

Re:

"Real John Deere". There isn't anything John Deere about a 2k lawn mower.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I got a cub cadet commercial grade 48in cut zero turn id probably sell for around 2k. Been a dang good mower just going to replace it with a bigger one, You interested pm me.

TacomaJD said:
I'm surprised you didn't start out with "If you don't spend $X,xxx on a Gravely, yer wasting money. You gots to have a rich folk mower or nothing."

Mine is not a high end gravely. It is a zt HD 52. I have been tossing around getting rid of it for a lawn tractor. I love fast it mows. But they don't sidehill worth a ****.

Re: Re: new homeowner grade riding mower

kmcminn said:
Mine is not a high end gravely. It is a zt HD 52. I have been tossing around getting rid of it for a lawn tractor. I love fast it mows. But they don't sidehill worth a ****.
Lol I was just messin with you.

I love my X320, took some getting used to going from 42 deck to 54, but it's been pretty badass so far. What is top speed on your mower? That Hustler raptor sd ztr I was looking at supposedly had 7.5 mph top speed, and my X320 lawn tractor has 6.2 mph top speed. When I am mowing with it wide open over bumpy ground, it's nearly too fast, so I usually keep it at 3/4 speed anyway, so real fast top speed wasn't that big a deal to me. That X320 literally goes faster in reverse than my old Lowes Deere went going forward.

Re: Re: new homeowner grade riding mower

TacomaJD said:
Lol I was just messin with you.

I love my X320, took some getting used to going from 42 deck to 54, but it's been pretty badass so far. What is top speed on your mower? That Hustler raptor sd ztr I was looking at supposedly had 7.5 mph top speed, and my X320 lawn tractor has 6.2 mph top speed. When I am mowing with it wide open over bumpy ground, it's nearly too fast, so I usually keep it at 3/4 speed anyway, so real fast top speed wasn't that big a deal to me. That X320 literally goes faster in reverse than my old Lowes Deere went going forward.

Yeah I would want an x5 series with some mud tires. Maybe a bagger to. I got a 52 inch deck now I would step down to a 48 for the smoother cut.

Re: Re: Re: new homeowner grade riding mower

kmcminn said:
Yeah I would want an x5 series with some mud tires. Maybe a bagger to. I got a 52 inch deck now I would step down to a 48 for the smoother cut.
See, selling a rich man's mower to buy another rich man's mower....lol

Give ole Chevota a hollar, he might give you a deal on that one he has. They are definitely nice units!

I have around 3 acres to cut and this is what I have done for the past 15 to 20 years. I buy a cheap rider, don't care what brand, off of craigslist or somewhere like that at the end of mowing season. can usually get a one year old mower for 500 to 600 bucks. Then I use it til it wont go anymore, haul it off for scrap and get another one. they usually last me about 5 years or so and I do no maintenance on them other than sharpen or replace blades as needed. I figure Im cutting my grass for about a 100 bucks a year. May not be for everyone but works for me.

I have had good luck on my huskavarna 2654. It has a Kohler engine and a heavy duty deck with grease fittings.

After using an old cheaper mower, anything built within the past 10 years will blow away what the op has been using. I have an old manual trans huskee (mtd) for sale now after I bought JD's old deere and I am pretty damn happy with it. Turns sharper, drives easier, cut better, I wouldn't know how to act with a really nice mower. Just my 2 cents.

I just bought a jd d110 with 95hrs from a pawnshop for 700.

Will probably be the best or worst purchase i ever made time will tell lol

Re:

Long as you checked it out beforehand and it ran good and was in good shape, it should be fine. Mowers, especially those, are simple and easy to assess condition.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
Long as you checked it out beforehand and it ran good and was in good shape, it should be fine. Mowers, especially those, are simple and easy to assess condition.

Ha, i mowed their 10x30' strip of grass out in front of the shop with it!

Then used that to negotiate the price

Re:

Haha awesome, sounds like you got a good deal man. It oughtta last you a long time. And if you ever have to replace anything on it, parts are easy to find everywhere for em.