• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

one step closer to being steet legal

My mudflaps are from a semi.
Absolutely huge.
If it stops me from getting pulled over.... that's fine with me.
They're mounted into the reciver hitch. Quick disconnect, but still take up alot of room.
Oh well.

My rig was my daily driver for well over a year before I put it on a trailer last week. I have only been hassled twice. The first time was up at Evans by the terrorist but that is a given. The only people not being hassled by him are car thieves, vandals, methheads and illegal dumpers. They drive stock rigs so they are allowed to operate without worry of law enforcement.

The other time was completely different. A LEO pulled me over in Pacific for failure to signal. This officer was a stand-up, respectable individual who conducted himself in a professional manner. He named off a short list of things wrong with my ZJ but indicated that if I were to get some mud flaps on the back 95 percent of the LEOs he knew would leave me alone.

He did cite me for a then missing driver side mirror. According to him that is a big one. I had a replacement but my lazy ass had yet to put it on. I deserved that ticket. The next day I built a set of removable mud flaps just as he wanted.

1121081450.jpg

The cop in Pacific was a good dude, so I did what he asked me to. Dan conducted himself in a very disrespectful and un-American fashion. I would LOVE to see him treat an actual criminal the same way he treats good tax paying, law abiding citizens. Then again, maybe that is why he hides in the woods preying on the good guys. :looser:

Yes. Mudflaps will buy you great leniency from LEOs who actually care about making our country safer as opposed to acting as a thug with a badge.

Latest posts