• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pick Up the Burn - September 26, 2009

Jon

7th ANNUAL PICK-UP THE BURN - MAINTAINING A TRADITION OF STEWARDSHIP
- YACOLT BURN WORK PARTY -

September 26, 2009

Meet at the Jones Creek Trailhead on Saturday from 8:00am - 10:00am to sign up, choose your task and get any supplies you may need.

To start the day off right -- Woody's 4x4 will be providing "Krispy Kreme" donuts for your breakfast.

WoodysLogo-1.jpg

After a long hard days work of cleaning up the forest please join us from 2:00pm - 4:00pm back at the Jones Creek Trailhead where The Pacific Northwest 4-Wheel Drive Association will be providing an appreciation lunch for all volunteers.

GreenPNWlogo_Page_1-1.jpg

Contact Nick Cronquist (DNR) at (360) 575-5016 if you have any general questions about this event.

Please contact Crystal Crowder (Piston's Wild) at (360) 606-1648 if you have any questions about the 4x4 community's participation in this event.

PickuptheBurnFlyer09-2.jpg

Please feel free to download and print additional flyers to assist with the promotion of this event.​

This event is one of the million steps towards legal wheeling in SW Washington. Come out and show your support! Besides... We'll have donuts!!

:hi:

Would you look at some of the sponsors?!?! Crystal has WTA in on this! WOW!

Its not a Pistons event. We are partipants, not the originators of this event. Ultimately though, this helps show that wheelers are responsible users of the forest. While I may not agree with the WTA agenda, I do enjoy a forest free of trash.

Try and look at the bigger picture.

Its not a Pistons event. We are partipants, not the originators of this event. Ultimately though, this helps show that wheelers are responsible users of the forest. While I may not agree with the WTA agenda, I do enjoy a forest free of trash.

Try and look at the bigger picture.

While I don't agree with WTA and their views and opinions on things. This event is organized and put on by DNR.

X2 on the trash free forests and the bigger picture.:awesomework:

Last edited:
I want to thank everyone who made it out today. We got at least 5 truck loads of tires, packed the 40 yard dumpster full, got 2 boats, a burnt up Cherokee and a living room set out of the woods today. The turn out was incredible, and everyone showed up to work! Thanks to everyone who who could make it. I didn't get a chance to get any pictures but once some get posted to the club board I'll cross post them here. It was truly an amazing site to see. Thanks again!

I wanted to thank those who could attend yesterday and pass along a few pics from yesterdays "pick up the burn" event. It was sad, amazing and fun all at the same time. Sad we had to do it, amazing because of the huge 4x4 turn out, and fun because... well it's just how we are.

We got 5 pickups full (to the cab, strapped down with a few more thrown on top) of tires. We fished out not one, but two boats, a burnt up cherokee, the cab off a Ford pickup, and filled (and I mean packed to the top, no more room, jumping up and down on it, compacted with a forklift full) the 40 yard dumpster. Some thought it was to big, unfortunately it wasn't.

Heres a few pics

DSC05518.jpg

DSC05457.jpg

Pulling water filled mud stuck tires out of a creek really sucks.
DSC05449.jpg

The first of what ended up being 5+ loads of tires.
DSC05444.jpg

There are still a few of the limitted Edition "Wanted! Yacolt Burn ORV Recreation" shirts left, but we sold most of them yesterday. If you want one, check out the thread here and let Crystal or me know, I'll get it to you. 100% of the money (Thats right 100%) goes to trails in the Yacolt Burn, and they look cool!
T-Shirt Thread --> http://pistonswildforum.proboards.c...oltburntrailproject&action=display&thread=454
Yacolt_Wanted-Poster_proof.jpg

DSC05428.jpg

DSC05419.jpg

Anywho - Just wanted to pass along a few of the pics from yesterday. It was one of the best times I've had picking up trash. :D Thanks to evefryone who made it out!

Thanks again to everyone who showed. These events go a long way to helping us get our trails open down here... Hopefully if you attended you got to see the maps for the propsed trail system. It's coming!!!

Next year is gonna be an awesome time for wheeling in SW Washington! Don't forget our Cruise In next Sunday 10/4/09 at Woody's 4x4. This is fun event and another way to help show your support for legal trails here in SW Washington!

---> Cruise in http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=815837&highlight=

---> Cruise in http://pistonswildforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=clubevents&action=display&thread=393

Latest posts