• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pokeys rebuild

Roccrawler said:
Jim Jim Jim.. who taught you to patch.. dont use a square patch always a diamond shape. As square will crack again... newbies :wtf:

Isn't a diamond kind of a square...just tilted 45°? :redneck: :stirpot:

pokey said:
Ok I got the frame all fixed today. I decided to go with the pine as it will allow some flex in the patch whereas oak though stronger would tend to be too stiff and most likely just crack again.
I heard that pine keep the barking spiders at bay:flipoff:

Reminder to self: Must get lots of pine for my own rig in order to rid it of the massive infestation of barking spiders :redneck:

Roccrawler said:
Jim Jim Jim.. who taught you to patch.. dont use a square patch always a diamond shape. As square will crack again... newbies :wtf:

well I thought about that but next year when the body comes off that whole section of frame will be getting redone so this will work fine till then. Its strapped with 3/16 top and bottom as well. The box you see is a plate we put in to reinforce the frame for the spring mount when I did the spring over.

pokey said:
well I thought about that but next year when the body comes off that whole section of frame will be getting redone so this will work fine till then. Its strapped with 3/16 top and bottom as well. The box you see is a plate we put in to reinforce the frame for the spring mount when I did the spring over.

Cool ,, at least the welds are pretty :redneck:

Got a little bit more done today. Springs back together and in with the new add a leaf. should give me about 2 more inches. Started changing the steering knuckles and putting the high steer on:clappy:

Attachments

• passknuckle.jpg
    passknuckle.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 266
Tankota said:
Dual shocks with 33s? Do explain? (not being a smartass...just wanna know)

jeeze dave, you have rode with me on backroads before :rolleyes: The springs are soft enough(wrangler) that at highway speeds it didnt take much to get it rocking back and forth:booo: At first just dual ranchos but still had the same issues. then one standard and one adjustable and things got a lot better. now one 5 way and one 9 way and it handles speed like a champ. Other reason is when were running miles of logging roads from camp to the trails or the dunes two shocks run way cooler than one. means increased life for the shocks with no heat fade. Put your hand on your shock next time you have been running in the dunes for an hour or two and see what I mean:booo: Besides that it just looks cool:clappy:

Last edited:
Roccrawler said:

This or the wood with zip ties, really doesnt matter in his case does it?:corn:

pokey said:
Got a little bit more done today. Springs back together and in with the new add a leaf. should give me about 2 more inches. Started changing the steering knuckles and putting the high steer on:clappy:

HS Jim, Can you get some more crap in your way while your workin on her? :D

two words jim, SPRAY PAINT. that knuckle looks yucky. I am teasing you looks like you are working the bugs out and getting it done. WHat body are you swapping to? a flat fender?

Symon623 said:
HS Jim, Can you get some more crap in your way while your workin on her? :D

youd think with a good sized shop that wouldnt be a problem:booo: I hate getting up so I like to keep everything withen reach:wheelchair:

wheelinjp said:
two words jim, SPRAY PAINT. that knuckle looks yucky. I am teasing you looks like you are working the bugs out and getting it done. WHat body are you swapping to? a flat fender?

Yes sean I will make it all pretty:rolleyes: and yes it will be becoming a flatfender next winter well sort of. CJ 5 tub with a flatty nose:clappy:

03 CON said:
This or the wood with zip ties, really doesnt matter in his case does it?:corn:

heck i could leave it on the skates in the shop and it would see more action than yours and go faster:kissmyass:

pokey said:
youd think with a good sized shop that wouldnt be a problem:booo: I hate getting up so I like to keep everything withen reach:wheelchair:

You do mean EVERYTHING don't you? :D

pokey said:
they work for me then again my penis is big enough as well:kissmyass:

Big enough for what? replacing the axle shaft..I'm sure you could fit it in the spindle :redneck:

pokey said:
they work for me then again my penis is big enough as well:kissmyass:

Big enough for what? replacing the axle shaft..I'm sure you could fit it in the spindle :redneck:

Roccrawler said:

sounds like something you might enjoy doing but I prefer women:flipoff: