• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project Joining the Dark side!

Well I made a BIG OLD MESS today--it was slow going but going forward. But I won't show anything till what I am doing is done (couple nights and I should be there) :awesomework:

Yep they are sitting underneath my house right now actually:redneck:

Ummm not too sure about the price, they are 6 lug wheels though and one beadlock is missing so 3 beadlocks and the tires are about 90% so whats it worth to ya:corn:

You PM me a price. And i'll go from there. I dont wanna spend a **** load since im more looking for temp tires just to get me on the trails once my shitbox is done. plus i need rollers real soon so i can push my pile out of the garage this week to clean it.

Ok so I got the front end tore apart. Found some bearing issues and 4 bolts on the passenger hub(holds the cap on) broken.

sam18.jpg

So I went and removed the ball joints from the knucles sam brought me and cleaned them up. Well come to find out the knucles sam brought me are off a ford housing--so tossed them aside.

I went and popped the ball joints out of the knuckles that were on the rig and cleaned them up. I removed the one broken stud in the passenger knucle and then removed the helicoils from the knuckle. I gave both knuckles a good inspection and my conclusion is they will work for how I want to do it--and will end up with VERY strong steering..

sam19.jpg

I gave both knuckles a good inspection and my conclusion is they will work for how I want to do it--and will end up with VERY strong steering..

So, are you gonna make some longer high steer arms and tie it into the original tierod location to double sheer everything???:corn:

Ok--so I finally got the Bj's pressed into the knucles and the new arms finished up and knuckles painted :redneck:

sam20.jpg

As you can see the arm is in double sheer---sam should have ZERO problems with this setup

sam21.jpg

And here is how I like to do it---9/16 bolts instead of studs. This combo with being in double sheer is about as strong as you can get.

sam22.jpg

WHOA! Awesome!

What did you make the arms out of?

O and what is that axle out of again so i can get bearings and seals i totally forgot hahaha

So I finally got the ram off the tie rod--I had to grind the bolt off due to how it was installed. I also pulled the draglink. So now I gotta get the passenger spring plate/u-bolt issue fixed. I am not sure what housing this was due to in OEM it used 2 bolts instead of a U-bolt on the housing side. Both bolts have been long broken and rusted to poooopy :redneck: .

So I have been working with a grinder and I also had to not the center pin area on the pad to get the spring pack to move outboard a tad over 1/8"
But a lil more grind work and I will be ready to figure out the spring plate.

sam23.jpg

HELL NO--I hate making these damn things :redneck: But for what we needed it was the right thing to do....

:haha::haha::haha::haha:, so yer saying you dont want to spend every night in your shop burning up band saw blades and other various equipment making these?:eeek::haha:

If this thing doesn't do wheelies when done, I'm gonna be pissed.......What am I saying? Of course it will.:FIREdevil:

:haha::haha::haha::haha:, so yer saying you dont want to spend every night in your shop burning up band saw blades and other various equipment making these?:eeek::haha:

And I ran outa oxy so I had to use tge plasma--went a lil slower burning them...

I knew it...:redneck:

Nice looking arms Crash...:cool:

Thanks--you knew what I was doing :redneck:

And I ran outa oxy so I had to use tge plasma--went a lil slower burning them...

Damn mike you must have a high amp plasma to cut 1in. plate. I think Ive seen some d44s with bolts into the housing like a d60 on an international, or a dodge. great work like always mike. :awesomework::awesomework:

the double sheer arms are very simple/brly/CHEAP:cool: how wide is your front axle?

i wish toyota knuckles had an arm casted into the front of it, sometimes i think my hydro assist ram is going to break my Cast tg arms:eeek: is that even possible....:haha:

If this thing doesn't do wheelies when done, I'm gonna be pissed.......What am I saying? Of course it will.:FIREdevil:

:haha::haha::haha::haha:

Yer little plasma burned through that?:eeek:

the double sheer arms are very simple/brly/CHEAP:cool: how wide is your front axle?

i wish toyota knuckles had an arm casted into the front of it, sometimes i think my hydro assist ram is going to break my Cast tg arms:eeek: is that even possible....:haha:

Good question i dont know how wide it is:redneck: