• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project Joining the Dark side!

dang the runners looking good glad to see your putting some time, money and also effort it to it befor you go wheel it thats what it needed for sure!! Now you need to pull that old 22r out and find a 22re to put back in it:awesomework::corn:

He will when I am done. Sam is actually pretty well suited in mech stuff...

good for him:awesomework:

i was just flippin some chit

i have a complete 22re that would fit nicely under the hood, harness and everything else to make it run:corn:

:rolleyes:

what do you no bout yer rig:fawkdancesmiley:

obviously not how to work on it:redneck:

It was over my head and i knew it, so i took it too someone i knew would do a much better job than me:awesomework:

He will when I am done. Sam is actually pretty well suited in mech stuff...

Thanks Mike:cool:

good for him:awesomework:

i was just flippin some chit

i have a complete 22re that would fit nicely under the hood, harness and everything else to make it run:corn:

I knew you were just flippin ****, i just dont have the cash to do any sort of motor swap right now:mad:. We are getting it wheelable to start then i will find another motor after a while:awesomework:

Ok I am moving right along. The passenger wheel bearing where shot due to water. So sam got some bearings, grease seals and grease. Unfortunately he was unable to get the correct inner bearing. Well for me to move forward I ran down to sultan with old parts and we were able to match up the bearing I needed. So I replaced the passenger bearings/packed them along with clean and repacking the drivers side(alos to inspect). Well one issue with the passenger side was there was only 2 bolts holding the hub cap on--rest had been broken off. Well I was only able to get one out. So when I put the hub back on I sealed up the holes so water won't get back into it(what caused the damage).

Well it took some time on my back with a grinder but I was able to get the passenger U-bolt situation fixed. As you can tell due to how the housing to spring pad sat, I had to grind into the cover right up to the bolts(buttin head bolts will be needed). To get the outer u-bolt to fit properly I had to run the U-bolt right up against the edge of the housing--of course that won't hold so I made a tab and welded it to the tube to retain the U-bolt. I also just happen to have a spring plate that was perfect that I had made some years ago(pack rat).

sam24.jpg

sam25.jpg

sam26.jpg

This should hold up a lil better than what was here--sam saw the old U-bolts and just laughed :redneck:

So next I took the tie rod and cut off the old ram mount off it--since I knew it would not work for how the ram had to sit. I then sat the tie rod into place and looked to see how it was going to fit properly. I ended up making 1/2" spacers to get the tie rod to sit exactly how it needed to be and set the toe...

sam27.jpg

sam28.jpg

So since the tie rod was in its happy place--it was time to build the ram mounts. Due to the style of mount---its VERY critical to get it just right so there is no bindage. It origionally was behind the tie rod, but to mount it properly it had to go infront of the tie rod. But I was able to get it perfect--I can pull any bolt out in any position of the tie rod. So they are tacked in and ready to be burned in. I have to pull the cover and plate it a little to help reinsforce it...

sam29.jpg

O hell ya! Its getting closer and closer!

I need to get on the ball and get some freaking wheels and tires

What backspacing do i need o crash man?:corn:

O hell ya! Its getting closer and closer!

I need to get on the ball and get some freaking wheels and tires

What backspacing do i need o crash man?:corn:

I should know in a day or 2 sam :awesomework:

This thing is almost ready to drop on the ground and see if it moves :redneck:

Ok so I got the ram mount done and cover plated (damn I hate the smell of burning 90w :redneck:) so sam shouldn't worry about anything ripping off it and the ring gear is also protected :awesomework: So threw some paint on it with grade 8 bolts and 2 Allen head bolts next to the U bolt for clearance.

sam30.jpg

sam31.jpg

Got the last bolts needed for the steering and threw some paint on the tie rod, threw it and the ram on for the last time.

sam32.jpg

sam33.jpg

So I started setting up the drag link and found the pitman arm not centered on the steering box. So tomorrow I will get that fixed and see how that part of it goes. But I have a feeling the pitman might be a hair too short along with the drag link but I will have to see and will know more tomorrow night.

Ok so I got the ram mount done and cover plated (damn I hate the smell of burning 90w :redneck:) so sam shouldn't worry about anything ripping off it and the ring gear is also protected :awesomework: So threw some paint on it with grade 8 bolts and 2 Allen head bolts next to the U bolt for clearance.

sam30.jpg

sam31.jpg
Looks Good Mike---I woulda never thought to use the cover as the mounting point for the ram--:eeek: (I presume because the ram is only an assist), otherwise it would distort the cover, or possibly break the bolts...looks good though---cleaned it up a bunch!!!:awesomework: