• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project RockStar (SAS Rocky)

Trailtoy1993

Well, my nephew got himself a Daihatsu Rocky for next to nothing and then picked up a Toy axle at the swap meet. So, he's a pretty good kid that hasn't had the best childhood, so I try and give him as much support and positive influence as I can. Yesterday since my roll cage job never showed up, we decided to to go ahead and do the solid axle swap on the little thing. First, we took it wheeling at Evan's Creek Saturday for his first ever wheelin trip as a driver. AND FLOPPED IT! Unfortunately, I had left the camera at camp so didn't get any picks of the flop but it was soft and I did get one action shot of him.
P1050976.jpg

And then the obligatory before swap ramp shots.
P1050971.jpg

P1050973.jpg

Here it is ready for the transformation! My nephew did all of his own cutting/welding, built the spring hanger, everything!
P1050981.jpg

P1050982.jpg

P1050984.jpg

All Right! A bunch of useless junk gone!
P1050985.jpg

Ready for this! He's really getting to be a good little fabricator! I'm proud of how fast he is learning this stuff!:awesomework:
P1050983.jpg

Spring hanger in, measuring the square up and axle fore/aft prior to burning it in.
P1050987.jpg

Burned in, steering on, brakes hooked, up ready to roll home!
P1050992.jpg

Ridin' wit' the gangsta' lean!
27's out back 31's up front, :haha:
Tonight we are going to Toyota rear axle and spring over the back to match the front height, get some shock mounts on, slip yoke eliminate it, and build driveshafts. But it was getting late and he had to go to school today so we called it a night.
Drives a sh!t ton better then the wasted IFS junk that was on there! The thing was about deadly at freeway speeds before!!!!
P1050993.jpg

Last edited:
:fawkdancesmiley::fawkdancesmiley:

That rocky has been hammered on in fact i took my drivers test in that exact rig lol tell cam if you guys need some help to call me this is JP

just wondering did you try stomping on the gas and letting off real quick LOL i could get that front end off the ground almost a foot by doing that ghetto hydros lol

:fawkdancesmiley::fawkdancesmiley:

That rocky has been hammered on in fact i took my drivers test in that exact rig lol tell cam if you guys need some help to call me this is JP

just wondering did you try stomping on the gas and letting off real quick LOL i could get that front end off the ground almost a foot by doing that ghetto hydros lol

Right on! My nephew bought it from Cam. Fact Cam just left here about an hour ago and should be back here in about ten minutes or so. Small world, eh? Should be a fun little wheeler, as Daihatsu junk blows up we shall be toyota'ing it.

my buddy jays toyhatsu daihatsu body toy drive train it works great hes going to be stoked when he sees this

Attachments

• shithatsu.jpg
    shithatsu.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 354
Got rear end done after a near death experience with no shocks on a test drive!!!! Found out that the RockStar gives no love when driven without shocks!!! Bad CALL!! Got narrowed spring and shackle hangers in and got some proper shock mounts on. Got front driveshaft closer to being done and the rear drive shaft was interesting to say the least.... I will post up some pics in the morning after some sleep!

To dig up an old as dirt thread. Just wanted to point out Toyota owned most of Diahatsu so putting toyota parts on it is more of a natural thing rather than a unholy marriage. :)