• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Public Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
After looking at the wild sky maps compared to the maps they are showing, motorized use outside of the DNR area isn't really an option.

One question just to put things into perspective How big is the 4x4 trail system in tahuya measuring in acres anyone know?

After looking at the wild sky maps compared to the maps they are showing, motorized use outside of the DNR area isn't really an option.

Wild sky is only to the north and east as far as I know. There is much other land out there that isn't wild sky or DNR.

What do you mean by "make it what it is"?

From user input to trails, camping, parking and volunteer work force. Its all clearly stated in the handout they had. That still doesn't mean we will get all of what we want.

Wild sky is only to the north and east as far as I know. There is much other land out there that isn't wild sky or DNR.

I think the wildsky is a mute point becuse if you look at the landscape and the ridge there is not even usable land near the widlsky boundry.

What other land ownership is out there ?

What other land ownership is out there ?

The land that most of the OM is on comes within 100' of Reiter road....

And most of Sack up is in the same parcel.

Meinke owns the poop shute......

The strair step belongs to state parks.....

The rock face belongs to state parks....

The far west side of the main lot where many of us park is private property.......

Tight ass belongs to the BLM and it looks like some of it may be state park...

Black forest is state park....

The land that most of the OM is on comes within 100' of Reiter road....

And most of Sack up is in the same parcel.

Meinke owns the poop shute......

The strair step belongs to state parks.....

The rock face belongs to state parks....

The far west side of the main lot where many of us park is private property.......

Tight ass belongs to the BLM and it looks like some of it may be state park...

Black forest is state park....

Where are the maps that show this?

How much acreage is Elbe? Evans? Tahuya?
I haven't been to Reiter in 8+ years, so I'm not familiar with it's "current" size and proposed size.

So, how many plan on going one last time on the 1st?:corn: Would it be worth the drive from down south here to go check it out before it's closed?:redneck::beer:

I haven't been to Reiter in 8+ years, so I'm not familiar with it's "current" size and proposed size.

So, how many plan on going one last time on the 1st?:corn: Would it be worth the drive from down south here to go check it out before it's closed?:redneck::beer:
Well take 10,000 and narrow it donw to 1,000..

Well take 10,000 and narrow it donw to 1,000..

That doesn't really answer my question Crash....read my post again. Looking to get an "idea" of it's comparative size with other areas that I'm more familiar with. I've only been to Reiter twice, and that was 8 years ago and I had no idea where I was....HAHA!

I'll be there on the 1st.:awesomework:

That doesn't really answer my question Crash....read my post again. Looking to get an "idea" of it's comparative size with other areas that I'm more familiar with. I've only been to Reiter twice, and that was 8 years ago and I had no idea where I was....HAHA!

I'll be there on the 1st.:awesomework:

I ansered a part of it :redneck:

Its going to be smaller that the others but I cannot give you exact numbers.

Called Jeff to confirm, we think the 4WD system in Tahuya, just the 4WD system is somewhere around 700-800 acres.

Now, when it comes to single track and quad areas, it's MUCH larger. Tahuya State forest is 23,000 acres, somewhere around 5,000 of which is on the west block which is not motorized.

So, lets conservatively say the single track and quad side of it is probably 15,000 acres of space? Which would include teh 4WD space.

If you guys really want to know I can contact the DNR on our side to get more solid numbers, its just a question that hasn't come up before.

On a related question, do they have any estimates as to how many users go there?

Status
Not open for further replies.