• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Public Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure they have some good estimated numbers. But I am pretty sure the user numbers did not outwiegh the "science"

Yup. because it wouldn't matter if there were 200 users/weekend or 2000 users/weekend, the science would say that you're 'destroying' the streams and with even more users this would probably cause it to close even quicker.

Kim's estimates at a DNR meeting last month showed Reiter dropping off substantially. Something like 350/weekend down to a little over 150 or so ever since the June closures.

To put things in perspective:
Superlift ORV Park 1250 acres
Badlands ORV Park in IN 800 acres
Rausch Creek in PA 1700 acres
Iron Range Trails in MN 1200 acres

These would be good examples of what you can do with this much land. We can bitch about how little we get, or we can hope someone looks at the areas like these to make Reiter the best it can be.
Realistically for us this sucks that we thought the 10k acres were ours to use and abuse and now someone is taking most of it away. The reality is it will be utterly amazing if this goes through without some nut-job planting an endangered salamander in one of the puddles and having the whole place shut down for good. As a wheeler, a bunny-hugger, and an ex-USFW biologist I can look at this from a bunch of different angles, and so far I'm pretty happy they haven't just barricaded all the access points and walked away. That has been the solution in other places. I couldn't be at the meeting last night but it sounds about normal, including the embarrassment many feel from a few more vocal attendees, if the DNR folks have any experience with this they will know that too. Don't get pissed off and give up before anything is decided, it isn't going to be the place it was, but it's not completely gone yet.
It sounds stupid and corny, but turn the anger into energy, draft a quick note and send it to every government person you know that is involved in this telling them how you feel about the meeting last night. If you're a stupid redneck let someone else write it for you and put your name at the bottom, and almost everyone on this board needs to use spellcheck before they send it. Show them there is a large group of concerned trail users that want to make this work.

I am sure they have some good estimated numbers. But I am pretty sure the user numbers did not outwiegh the "science"

OK, I hate to the negitive nancy here, but I see the writing on the wall and you might as well bring the white paint and black top. because reiter will not be the same place after the DNR and the "trail Consultant" get done with the plan. Sorry.. back too lurk mode.

Yup. because it wouldn't matter if there were 200 users/weekend or 2000 users/weekend, the science would say that you're 'destroying' the streams and with even more users this would probably cause it to close even quicker.

Kim's estimates at a DNR meeting last month showed Reiter dropping off substantially. Something like 350/weekend down to a little over 150 or so ever since the June closures.

I have seen that decrease in wheelers....

OK, I hate to the negitive nancy here, but I see the writing on the wall and you might as well bring the white paint and black top. because reiter will not be the same place after the DNR and the "trail Consultant" get done with the plan. Sorry.. back too lurk mode.

Thats why we need to get the law changed...

To put things in perspective:
Superlift ORV Park 1250 acres
Badlands ORV Park in IN 800 acres
Rausch Creek in PA 1700 acres
Iron Range Trails in MN 1200 acres

These would be good examples of what you can do with this much land. We can bitch about how little we get, or we can hope someone looks at the areas like these to make Reiter the best it can be.
Realistically for us this sucks that we thought the 10k acres were ours to use and abuse and now someone is taking most of it away. The reality is it will be utterly amazing if this goes through without some nut-job planting an endangered salamander in one of the puddles and having the whole place shut down for good. As a wheeler, a bunny-hugger, and an ex-USFW biologist I can look at this from a bunch of different angles, and so far I'm pretty happy they haven't just barricaded all the access points and walked away. That has been the solution in other places. I couldn't be at the meeting last night but it sounds about normal, including the embarrassment many feel from a few more vocal attendees, if the DNR folks have any experience with this they will know that too. Don't get pissed off and give up before anything is decided, it isn't going to be the place it was, but it's not completely gone yet.
It sounds stupid and corny, but turn the anger into energy, draft a quick note and send it to every government person you know that is involved in this telling them how you feel about the meeting last night. If you're a stupid redneck let someone else write it for you and put your name at the bottom, and almost everyone on this board needs to use spellcheck before they send it. Show them there is a large group of concerned trail users that want to make this work.

Thank you for a well put statement.

Well we all know its going to close NOV 2 and I'm going to do all I can do to help reopen it. Crash do you know anything about needing volunteers anytime soon to get this ball rolling or will volunteers be needs months from now?

Well we all know its going to close NOV 2 and I'm going to do all I can do to help reopen it. Crash do you know anything about needing volunteers anytime soon to get this ball rolling or will volunteers be needs months from now?

Not yet--but those who do want to help please stay tuned. I will post all the info I can when I get it. I will be posting all the info forst on the RTW site and then dispuricing it out from there :awesomework:

Not yet--but those who do want to help please stay tuned. I will post all the info I can when I get it. I will be posting all the info forst on the RTW site and then dispuricing it out from there :awesomework:

well thank you for all the work you do! I will be on the look out for needed volunteers.

Unless you have spent alot of time out there working to only have it destroyed can you really understand there point of view. I see it and agree.

I don't however agree with closing all the other areas that are not in the plan until the new area is done.

I can see both points of view, I was only offering up the facts in response to Nates question, based on what i was told by Mark at the meeting.

I would like to see more compromize from the DNR but i'll take anything we can get.

The answer was an analogy about trying to live in a house while you build/remodel it.

They said they don't want the hassle, or the work to be undone by users during the week.

Unless you have spent alot of time out there working to only have it destroyed can you really understand there point of view. I see it and agree.

I don't however agree with closing all the other areas that are not in the plan until the new area is done.

I happened to talk with one of the users that admitted to destroying the work that volunteers and the DNR have been doing. He blamed all the closures on NW-Wheelers and said that the blocking off bypasses is illegal and the DNR does not want it done. His lady friend said that building a bridge over a creek is worse for the enviroment then driving through the creek.

Him and his friends seem to be brainwashed, everything they were saying was crazy. This is also the guy that told me all the money from trees goes out of state and not to Washington schools. Unfortunatly members of his group are active on this site too and wheeling at Reiter almost every weekend.

:rolleyes:

Him and his friends seem to be brainwashed, everything they were saying was crazy. This is also the guy that told me all the money from trees goes out of state and not to Washington schools. Unfortunatly members of his group are active on this site too and wheeling at Reiter almost every weekend.

Welcome to the real problem with Reiter.

I happened to talk with one of the users that admitted to destroying the work that volunteers and the DNR have been doing. He blamed all the closures on NW-Wheelers and said that the blocking off bypasses is illegal and the DNR does not want it done. His lady friend said that building a bridge over a creek is worse for the enviroment then driving through the creek.

I also heard mention of US cutting trees down to block trails. :eeek: I helped yard out alot of the trees we used to block the water crossing. We had to saw some tall DOWNED trees to a length we could pull from the forest but we were using DOWNED trees for the blockades. Unfortunately we have been lumped in with destroying the place. :looser:

Welcome to the real problem with Reiter.

That's no lie. I remember running in to locals wrapping winch cables around trees. Came across them attempted to educate and GIVE them one of my 3" straps, no bueno. :(

Look at it this way, after its closed, there might be a LOT less of those types when it re-opens. Kinda hard to wheel with an impounded rig or attempting to pay off the tickets. At least I'm assuming they are going to be patrolling and enforcing the area after Nov 2.

Well I just did some more research and according to Snohomish county the DNR only owns about 1500 acres of the entire Reiter area. Where they ever came up with the 10,000 acres number, who knows.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.