• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

redneck engineering mutant

muchado

you guys seen the redneck engineering mutant kits? Take a buell and turn it into a chopper... I thought it was cool, maybe you guys won't but figured I'd post anyways :woody: It's like $3k for the base kit with body and frame.. bolt the motor and drivetrain in and go.. of course there's a lil more to it than that but it seems pretty cool to take a homoghey lookin buell and turn it into somethin like these:

mutant-redneck-buell.jpg

BANNOWHOGS%20finished.jpg

There's one already built ~$9k here in KC :eek: Nothing that I can afford but cool as **** none-the-less! Had my eye on a suzuki SV650 per bones and another friends reccomendations... but then saw these and was like HMMM maybe get a buell and down the road chop it out?? pepper.gif laughing1 I already have 2 many irons in the fire but damn I want one!! laughing1

Bones said:
Choppers are about as ghey as Buells nuff said

I was gonna pick u up wearing nothing but leather chaps and a vest so we could double dude it all the way to rainbow city :flipoff1:

so ur still votin' on the sv650 huh? laughing1 The guy sold the one I was going to go look at already :'(

MUCHADO said:
I was gonna pick u up wearing nothing but leather chaps and a vest so we could double dude it all the way to rainbow city :flipoff1:

so ur still votin' on the sv650 huh? laughing1 The guy sold the one I was going to go look at already :'(
Never said I wouldn't ride one. skully

I'll keep my eye open for one up here. I think they are great bikes and reasonable to get on and insure.
Des Moines CL http://desmoines.craigslist.org/search/mcy?query=sv650&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268314&highlight=sv650

Bones said:
Never said I wouldn't ride one. skully

I'll keep my eye open for one up here. I think they are great bikes and reasonable to get on and insure.
Des Moines CL http://desmoines.craigslist.org/search/mcy?query=sv650&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268314&highlight=sv650

The bike in Wisconsin looks NICE and good price... too bad that would be $500 in diesel to go pick up :eek:

Thanks for the links

Bones said:
I'd be happy tp arrange pick/delivery along with a FJ80 rear axle. It might have a few hundy more miles on it is all. ;) :dunno:

laughing1

That is a good option thumb.gif

That bike looks NICE... I'm gonna have a chat with my ol' man tonight... They are outta town but since I live with them I would like to get his blessing before I jump into something and get my ass kicked to the curb laughing1

I might talk to this guy see if he'll go down a couple hundo to help offset the cost of pickin it up (whether it was you or me pickin' it up--still costs $$) pepper.gif

I just did a quick search. ADV rider always has SV's for sale it seems. I think 06 was the start of fool injection also. I rike it a rot, like an asian stripper. :woody:

Call a dealer to see if they have any leftovers. They had one here for 5500 new, not a great deal, but it's new.

Nothing says gay like an SV650... you'd love it for about 2 weeks then be bored to **** with it.

get a bike with balls

P said:
Nothing says gay like an SV650... you'd love it for about 2 weeks then be bored to **** with it.

get a bike with balls
I have seen chicks ride an SV in the corners harder than most guys, me included. They are very fun bikes and yes they are not super powerful, but that is part of the fun and less likely to get into huge trouble on it. Not that you couldn't. I am wanting to find this or a 600 sportbike and run to Chicago or Wisconsin to do track days a few times a year to be a better rider. Just time and monies dammit

P said:

get a bike with balls

Insurance my friend.

...$170/month for something with balls like a kawi 636 or something of that nature... JUST insurance...

...or ~$200/month bike payment + full coverage on something like a SV650

I'm new to streetbike so I don't need to start off being stupid like all the other 20 somethings around here on $11k R1's and no riding gear ::) I've had dirtbikes/four wheelers/fiddy in the past so I have the riding concept down I just need to get some road experience before getting something with bawls...

BONES,

$11/month for the SV650 on insurance :eek: A sportbike would be around $60 which still isn't bad... This guy that I am switching all my stuff over to at american family is a friend of a friend and hooking it up hardcore thumb.gif That puts the 636 back in the game thumb.gif