• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter Foothills Poop Chute Poll

Can you make it up and down the Poop Chute?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Um, First off I could have just simply said yes, I have been down poop chute lots and lots of times. (just about every time I go to Reiter) But I chose to make a "smart" comment declairing my belief that it is "very very easy" both the super easy left side and the harder (read scarier) right side.

I have never tried to go up it. It as Money Mark said is my way OUT to all the trails not my way back when I'm done. I would assume I can make it up.

I don't have a heavily modified Toyota but it does a damn good job with me behind the wheel. I have been EVERYWHERE in Reiter, walker, and a few trails in other orv parks.

I have been up to the top of Isabell and I have even seen the lake. Yes I went up after the wash out last spring. The last time was a couple months ago.

That night going up Rhinoland, my friend and I were ****ing around at 1 am after a full day of wheelin with a bunch of buddies. We left camp cuz I was bored, he was drunk and my truck went RIGHT UP EVERYTHING except that one little spot where I was hung up on my crossmember 200 feet from the end. Another 20 minutes and yeah we would have been over it. I have sence been over it durring the day.

So if you want to make fun of people who don't have 44" tires and winches for making the SAME trails you make thats fine with me. I go up to have fun not dog on other people, and compare penis sizes. :awesomework:

Dude you don't have to prove your self on here
Now both of you have proven your age so both of you go to your corners and come out when you can be friends

last year up w/ broken front carrier. Grand cherokee on 33's. I know bad idea but i was following a group and could of winched the rock but didn't have to. Oh, broken carrier was just racheting the locker but was still working somewhat.

I wheeled once with KAT, her and her rubicon go anywhere. She made this look really easy in a mostly stock rubicon. I think the argument here is over.

Obviously this whole thread has been blown way outa proportion as the video from Kat indicates, the Poop Chute is easy and needs no work to make it easier.

Obviously this whole thread has been blown way outa proportion as the video from Kat indicates, the Poop Chute is easy and needs no work to make it easier.
Um no that isn't what she is saying please read my post. Or here I will post it here for you agian

this is my stance on it
Anyone that is running 35s and one locked diff can make it if they know what they are doing. It was proven this weekend. But you better have low gears and Know your ****. If you are locked front and rear no problem.
Now can I stress this enough that, This hill can get you in trouble and if your truck isn't set up right it will get you in a posistion that you are not going to like
If you are going to try this hill just because of this thread then go with someone that is knows the hill
Reiter is kinda in the hot seat right now so the last thing that we need is an incident to draw attention possibly in a negitive way

If you think that this statment isn't true then tell me

Um no that isn't what she is saying please read my post. Or here I will post it here for you agian

this is my stance on it
Anyone that is running 35s and one locked diff can make it if they know what they are doing. It was proven this weekend. But you better have low gears and Know your ****. If you are locked front and rear no problem.
Now can I stress this enough that, This hill can get you in trouble and if your truck isn't set up right it will get you in a posistion that you are not going to like
If you are going to try this hill just because of this thread then go with someone that is knows the hill
Reiter is kinda in the hot seat right now so the last thing that we need is an incident to draw attention possibly in a negitive way

If you think that this statment isn't true then tell me

Cool, thanks for clearing that up. I'll be sure to avoid it, maybe I'll just go up Sac-Up for the return trip back to the parking lot.

I ran the loop today, down poopchute across the road, down the trail across the road and up the powerlines. It adds to time now.

Can't wait for those who have beat themselfs on a trail like BYS, who now have to come down the powerlines, across the road, down the trail, across the road and up poopchute and down whatever trail you wish to take.

From the vid Kat showed, looks like its easier/been dug out since the last time I went down it (last year). Looks pretty tame on the right side there.

I DO however contend that, while its passable, increased traffic, especially from inexperienced and/or tired wheelers is going to cause it to get torn up and rutted out. Not a problem for the bigger guys that are used to and look forward to that, but the smaller, weekend warriors are going to have a more difficult time as traffic gets heavier, combined with rain etc..

From a County point of view, I'm sad that they did this (its always been illegal, but now they are making a point that they are going to enforce it), as folks that used to just go down the road without thinking about it will be forced onto trails they may not be ready for.

O-well. I'll try it when I'm out there. My rig is small, but reasonably capable for what it is. But its no way street legal (no doors, no flaps, no windshield, no mirrors), so the road if necessary would be a risk for me. Or maybe some select modifications to make it appear more legal :D
________
BEST SMALL VAPORIZERS

Last edited:
From the vid Kat showed, looks like its easier/been dug out since the last time I went down it (last year). Looks pretty tame on the right side there.

I DO however contend that, while its passable, increased traffic, especially from inexperienced and/or tired wheelers is going to cause it to get torn up and rutted out. Not a problem for the bigger guys that are used to and look forward to that, but the smaller, weekend warriors are going to have a more difficult time as traffic gets heavier, combined with rain etc..

The reason I met with the DNR to look at other options--and of course got thrown to the wolfs over :rolleyes: Oh well.

I ran the loop today, down poopchute across the road, down the trail across the road and up the powerlines. It adds to time now.

Can't wait for those who have beat themselfs on a trail like BYS, who now have to come down the powerlines, across the road, down the trail, across the road and up poopchute and down whatever trail you wish to take.

I agree, the only down side is that it'll slow ya down due to the increased traffic that Reiter sees these days.

They'll need to install a traffic light at the top & bottom of Poop Chute

I agree, the only down side is that it'll slow ya down due to the increased traffic that Reiter sees these days.

They'll need to install a traffic light at the top & bottom of Poop Chute

It only slow those down who are playing by the rules--backwards really.

And the trail on the other side of reiter raod---don't go to fast or you will loose fillings in your mouth...