• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter Law Enforcement

Not Jobless

Mr Funbags
Just a friendly FYI...

The DNR LEO has been spending at least one day every weekend at Reiter and are checking mainly for licenses/orv tabs, spark arrestors and also busting those for driving non-street legal vehicles on Reiter Road.

In other words...they are starting to enforce the rules.

roccrawler said:
sounds like trail closures ahead... well it was fun while it lasted:cool:

Wait until all you guys w/ Buggy's arern't allowed on ORV areas anymore!

won't be able to sell them even - you'll have kick ass rig's you can't drive / wheel anywhere except private property. rules / regulations are coming...

Rock_Crusher said:
Wait until all you guys w/ Buggy's arern't allowed on ORV areas anymore!

won't be able to sell them even - you'll have kick ass rig's you can't drive / wheel anywhere except private property. rules / regulations are coming...

Do you even know what you are talking about?

Buggies are 100% legal at Reiter so long as they have either ORV tags or a license plate, spark arrestor and obey the rest of the rules like the other users.

Web wheeling at it's finest...:looser:

Jobless said:
Just a friendly FYI...

The DNR LEO has been spending at least one day every weekend at Reiter and are checking mainly for licenses/orv tabs, spark arrestors and also busting those for driving non-street legal vehicles on Reiter Road.

In other words...they are starting to enforce the rules.

They have been doing this for a long time--they have just stepped up there efforcement--as it should be...

The only problem I see is the lack of offroad access between the sections of Reiter. You can't get from the main parking lot to the upper areas without using the county road.

I don't see an easy solution either unfortunately.

CrustyJeep said:
The only problem I see is the lack of offroad access between the sections of Reiter. You can't get from the main parking lot to the upper areas without using the county road.

I don't see an easy solution either unfortunately.

I mentioned this to Kim (DNR LEO) on Saturday.

The Poop Chute is the one trail that links the lower lot with the rest of the power line trail.

It was modified with heavy equipment when the signs were hung to make it easier, for the time being at least, to go up and down.

Kim said she would look into the access issues between the areas but I really don't think they will be overly concerned with it right now.

Jobless said:
The Poop Chute is the one trail that links the lower lot with the rest of the power line trail.
There's a way to get from poop chute/sac up to the upper power lines??

CrustyJeep said:

Cross the road and there is a trail that you can take that pops back out, cross the road and up the power lines..

CrustyJeep said:

The trail has been there for as long as I can remember.

Go down poop chute
Go right towards Reiter Road through the Creek crossing
Cross Reiter Road and continue along trail. It parallels Reiter Rd.
It will turn left again towards Reiter Road which allows you to cross directly onto the bottom of the Power Line Trail.

You never have to drive on Reiter Road, you only need to cross it which is legal in an ORV.

Sounds to me yuo need more trails between the P-lot and the main trails? :D

Wait til there's a head-on on this Poop shoot trail cos you all will be using it to get up and back to the trailers? Or they'll use this trail as their guideline as to trail usage, and because it'll see double duty, Up and back, it'll be trashed.

SysWillys said:
Sounds to me yuo need more trails between the P-lot and the main trails? :D

Wait til there's a head-on on this Poop shoot trail cos you all will be using it to get up and back to the trailers? Or they'll use this trail as their guideline as to trail usage, and because it'll see double duty, Up and back, it'll be trashed.

A head on at poop shute is very unlikely. going down or coming up, there is alot of visibility. Its not really a trail, more like a drop-off on the side of a hill. I cant address the trashed part cause im a dumb ass web wheeler.

Latest posts