• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

*repost*my crappy carb...

johnboy1

crapped out! Atlest i think that may be the problem. its acting like its starving for fuel but its getting plenty. its getting spark because it will run till i drive it for about a minute then it will die. i dont think its the fuel pump because i can sit there and rev it up and it will idle. if anyone knows what the problem is or may be let me know. BTW the carb i have is a 38/38 weber on an offenhauser intake.

johnboy said:
crapped out! Atlest i think that may be the problem. its acting like its starving for fuel but its getting plenty. its getting spark because it will run till i drive it for about a minute then it will die. i dont think its the fuel pump because i can sit there and rev it up and it will idle. if anyone knows what the problem is or may be let me know. BTW the carb i have is a 38/38 weber on an offenhauser intake.

ever try changing fuel filters out? checking for pinched fuel lines along the frame?

both of these will cause it to run great at an idle, but wont let fuel pump to the engine during a load condition.