• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Revolving Shackles?

WinchBunny

I was wondering what everyones opinion was on Revolving shackles? I have a set of TeraFlex ones that I was thinkin i'd put on my jeep....but is it really worth it? :scratchhead:

I was wondering what everyones opinion was on Revolving shackles? I have a set of TeraFlex ones that I was thinkin i'd put on my jeep....but is it really worth it? :scratchhead:

Their scary. They tend tohave a habit of unloading at the worst possible time. You can however mod them (at least the revolver brand) so they stay in a locked position unless you unlock them

Their scary. They tend tohave a habit of unloading at the worst possible time. You can however mod them (at least the revolver brand) so they stay in a locked position unless you unlock them

hmmmm.....goood to know, maybe i will wait to see how it does with out them :;

Don't do it.
I've had 'em, and removed 'em. They allow flex, but it's un-sprung, as it is allowed to open as the weight shifts from compression to release. In so doing, it can create a very unsettling effect, often at a very inopportune time.

I agree with above post leave them off. they are bad idea left over from the days of people wanting super flex at any cost.

I had a set on the back of my vehicle and removed them after a little use. They had some odd handling issues. When I would power brake, they would open up and raise the back of the vehicle about 6".

I have them on the rear with the Z-box spring hangers. They give awsome "show flex". Other than that they suck I have killed three sets of RE 2.5" springs. :looser: Taking them off soon.........Anyone want em???:haha:

Go talk with George Steel aka GeorgeTheJeep over in Renton :awesomework:
253-631-4390
He's running some on his Cj2a.. He also has owned one of the first sets before Teraflex bought the patten...:awesomework:

Also, he has a XJ bone yard... George n Diane (daughter) are great people and care very much about there customers:awesomework:

Leaf springs are great because there cheap, user friendly, and predictable. Revolvers will take away the predictability of your springs, when you least expect it...flop. I have seen one set break under full size rig. If you want the most flex from your springs, sell the revolvers and install orbit eyes or johnny joints at both spring ends and your shackle mount. They are rebuildable and you will notice a difference in flex while retaning your precious predictability.

http://www.alcanspring.com/orbit-eye.htm

http://www.trail-gear.com/shackles.html Bottom of page