• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rockwells make your sac swell!

fordcontraption01 said:
must be nice I'm really scared to open mine up for fear of a broke shaft and a **** ton of work fn with it :****:

I don't have that problem for! My little 360 ain't going to hurt my rock! If my motor had power I'd go broke fixing it!!!

Eddyj said:
816060a9d6aa912410866aa120abd1a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. I wonder who makes them. What's so interesting is not that someone besides Ouverson has made them, it's that someone besides Ouverson has made or found the forging for the yoke. If those are not Ouverson shafts then the market has potentially been cracked wide open.

Kryptinite Kustoms is selling them too I talked to him at the expo . We both agreed that our ouversons are probably stronger however the wait is sometime months . Both places stock these chromos

Re: Re: Rockwells make your sac swell!

Rockwells607 said:
Kryptinite Kustoms is selling them too I talked to him at the expo . We both agreed that our ouversons are probably stronger however the wait is sometime months . Both places stock these chromos
Do you know who is making them?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

AdamF said:
This tread makes me think I have a little girl motor. :****: Been beating on stock rockwells with 44" boggers for almost a year and haven't had any trouble out of them.
jinxed myself broke a long side shaft last night.... Anyone have a stock take out they want to sell? Not ready to drop the big $$$ yet on 47splines.

AdamF said:
jinxed myself broke a long side shaft last night.... Anyone have a stock take out they want to sell? Not ready to drop the big $$$ yet on 47splines.

Haha, that sucks!

Thanks! The green buggy seems go flat out work too, aside from turning radius it handles like any ton bugg I've ever been in, not sluggish at all like a lot of Rockwell buggies . Lady Luck is the buggy I built for my wife with rear steer and it works great but doesn't perform like the new green buggy , hers is propane do 347 ford and mine is EFI 383 and I believe a lot of the difference is just that . Induction

I wanna start by saying I'm not bashing Rockwell offroad. They have answered every EMail an phone call I have made to them. This post is to keep others from buying them thinking they have bought axles comparable to ouverson 16splines.

They are not. Stick new shafts in Wednesday and headed up to AOP Friday..... Travel 6hrs and broke them within three hours of hitting the trail:(. Stock fronts got me back to camp:/

When I broke I immediately messaged Wes. He hit me right back. Said he would look after me an ship a long side out Monday.
Went back to camp stuck stock shaft in an ride over to 64 an at the last ledge I went to second an the only thing pulling in the back was my stock shaft:(

Messaged Wes my number. Told him I understood it was Saturday. But here is my number. Call me at your convenience

Later that night the owner I'm assuming calls an tells me they will send me my money Monday....
Sad really. Great people and and everything else I have gotten has been on point. I was hoping he would tell me they have had a metal prob an they have it fixed....
We still have some talking to do tomar. I just didn't want someone else to pull 6hrs for 3hrs of riding

Rig for reference. I'm 4500lbs with tuned Lq9

Again they are making this right. But we are a tight nit community and I can't tell you how many calls I've gotten sayin they are sorry but soooo glad they didn't get them first.

I'll report back with what they have to say tomar

Damn Will....that sucks ass!! How much were these compared to the Ouverson 16s?? Let us know how it works out.

I haven't got Ouverson to answer the phone yet

Rockwell offroad answers ev time I call

I wanna say it was like 1550 er 1750 for the ouversons (according to site) to my door
And may have had to wait

Offroad was 1263$ to my door in 3 days

They have been nothing but stand up folks this far. They just missed something in the metal department :(

slytowncrawler2 said:
I haven't got Ouverson to answer the phone yet

Rockwell offroad answers ev time I call

I wanna say it was like 1550 er 1750 for the ouversons (according to site) to my door
And may have had to wait

Offroad was 1263$ to my door in 3 days

Maybe I been lucky :dunno: but with all the stuff I have gotten from Ouverson I've never had to wait.....and Randy was always quick to call me back if they didn't answer.

Anyway thxs for the heads up...good luck bro