• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rockwells make your sac swell!

Bumping this thread.

I've been told that I am single handedly causing Rockwell envy.

I've recently converted a half-ton'er and working on a fella who I recently had to pry a dana 50 out of his manicured girly little hands. :****:

Welcome to the brother hood. Might I suggest the first upgrade be, larger underwear, to compensate for the sac swelling.

Re:

If I ever get Rockwells, I'll need two pairs of underwear and Casey will have to use two hands.

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

:gay:

Will any updates?
Rockwell off-road anything to report?
I think it's awesome the way the company handled the situation and has an account on here to address us (potential customers) directly. I hope to see more posts from them in the furure
)

He's beating the hell out of them and their taken it ! i'm currently chasing down another steer axle to stuff these spare ouverson 16 spline shafts in and put rear steer in hog wild

Eddyj said:

I'm considering buying my bosses rig (s10 blazer for sale on here) just for a parts donor for my next rig... 3.8 atlas and rocks is pretty dang slow even with 49s

Tried to justify buying another set of tons... It's tough

TBItoy said:
I'm considering buying my bosses rig (s10 blazer for sale on here) just for a parts donor for my next rig... 3.8 atlas and rocks is pretty dang slow even with 49s

Tried to justify buying another set of tons... It's tough

Pull the trigger and buy it. Wheel it until your ready to build your new one win win

I built this buggy with original intent of rear steer and it just didn't happend till now, I had a PSC pump so I built a mount, I had a spare set of ouverson 16 spline shafts so I picked up another steering rockwell and put a blue torch fab Mohawk on it, put a set of Jim Gersts seals in it, made a tie rod and high steer arm so it mirrored the front . I bought a PSC control valve and reservoir and put it all together . I haven't wheeled it yet but it works very fast in the shop. So far im pleased with how it turned out I still need to make a heat shield cover for the control valve so my arm doesn't touch the fittings when their hot. But I'm itching to wheel and test it out

I like it a lot man! Great work! If my rear steer set up im wanting to build don't work I will definitely be picking your brain! I was going to mount mine behind the axle
On the front but the lower links are all in the damn way. So either redo mounts or move it up front. Ain't made my decision yet

If you move the steering to the front JJ will come back and yell at you about Ackerman.
I miss patoyee...

I now have the rear bolted in mine and the front sitting under it on stands. Just measuring, staring, thinking, and dragging jackstands back and forth seeing where things will work. Not as exciting as that beast right there, but progress is progress.

Edit-
Before I forget!!! Rockwell Offroad now has my business for LIFE! Stand up guys!
I ordered a front and rear seal kit, they only sent enough for one axle. I called to piss and moan thinking that this was going to be like dealing with Comcast or something, it was nothing of the sort. The guy apologized, was very helpful, and sent me the rest of it FAST. It was on my doorstep two days after I called. (Soaking wet, damn mailman, damn rain)

ROCKWELL OFFROAD FTW!!!!!! :woot:

Eddyj said:
If you move the steering to the front JJ will come back and yell at you about Ackerman.

Hahah I was thinking the same when reading that comment

My boss's rig has terrible reverse Ackerman (custom high steer) front AND rear, and that sum bitch requires 4ws to turn on flat ground , the front pushes bad, and the rear drags a tire

Climbing it doesn't seem quite as noticeable.

Rockwells607 any chance of getting a couple pics of hydraulic mount on the axle.
Mine is a complete hack job... :****:

Ya ill try to get some tonight , I've never put a whole lot of weight to Ackerman angle and more towards protection of the ram and tie rods , just my two cents, Lady Luck is setup opposite of mine and has big ram and tie rod guards off the housing , always been an eye sore to me

Eddyj said:
I miss patoyee...

Hahahaha hey if that's what it takes to get him back I'll do it! That's the exact reason I wanted it behind the axle but damn ballistic fab lower link coilover combo mount all in the way. Wish I never would have bought them. Seem like a great idea at the time but have had to fight them the whole way due to the way the fourlink was set up before

Yeah I copied BTF set up. I liked it because it dropped the lowers down slightly below axle center line. Plus the extra triangulation on the links.
My tie rod robs my lower links at full lock turn. And it's within a cuntar of the pinion at center turn.