• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

roll cage tech

crazybluerider1

I'm in the process of building my cage for my zuk and I was wondering how far the roof spreaders should be from you head? I just measured them out and it looks like the bottom of the bars will be about 3 inches above my head. The way I am setting it up none of them should be directly over my head though.

Is this going to be enough or should I raise the bars. I think I could lower the seat an inch or two but I'm kind of a midget so I dont want to sit too low in the rig.

I will be running an aluminum roof over the top over the bars if this makes any difference.

Depends. You can make it comfortable for however you like it. But if you plan on competing with the rig, make sure you adhere to the rules. For instance, the We-Rock rules are 3 inches from the top of your Helmeted head IIRC.

Otherwise, make it the way you want it.

make sure you have plenty of room. Comp rules state 3" minimum and that is with a 4 point harness real tight.

You are never fastened in that tight on the trail, so give yourself room for safety.

There really isnt alot of room in the sami for head room. Just position the bars to where your head isnt right under a bar and you should be fine.

Well...your wheeling a Sami, which means that, you're already short on active brain cells so I'd build it with room to clear the short bus helmet and add a little more room for some thick padding :awesomework:

Yes, I'm just ****ing with you :fawkdancesmiley:

Well...your wheeling a Sami, which means that, you're already short on active brain cells so I'd build it with room to clear the short bus helmet and add a little more room for some thick padding :awesomework:

Yes, I'm just ****ing with you :fawkdancesmiley:

I have more head room in my sami than your **** pile!!!!:fawkdancesmiley: :haha:

If you are getting rid of your targa bar you can get another inch or two of height for your roll cage. If your keeping the full body, it might be easier to just pick one up from Davesport.

Ill post up some pics in the build thread. I am removing the targa and most of the rear body. I raised the b hoop about 2 inches and now have about 4 inches over my head. I think I may also lower the seat mount an inch or so. I got the a and b hoops built today and tacked in 2 spreaders.