• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

saginaw ps pump neck extension reservoir

rockabilly said:
any of you familiar with this?

I'm not sure what your asking.....

but I've 'customized' my sag reservoir.....I welded on an extension to the filler to get another 10" in height out of it.......
the nets me a little more capacity, but mostly it was done to keep fluid in my cooler from draining back into the res' and overflowing....

--B

rockabilly said:
any of you familiar with this?

I have done it a couple different ways.

one way was to cap the pump and use a fitting to a reservoir and the other was to cut the top lip off, weld and extension to the can and then weld the lip back on so you could re-use the twist cap/dipstick..

or go to the wrecking yard and get an extension from a 2000 and newer vortec 4.3, with the longer dipstick.

GaryTJ said:
or go to the wrecking yard and get an extension from a 2000 and newer vortec 4.3, with the longer dipstick.

only problem with that setup gary the tube is very slender and your not adding harly any fluid. but the amount of fluid needs will depend on the size of your ram... Also that that setup you will need to make a fixture to hold the neck as the neck is only held in by a rubber grommet.

Another option is to get a pump off a 96-up vortec 8100. the neck on those are a lil thicker but you can also easily set that up for a res. style as the pump body(can) has a fitting style neck to it...

why do you need the extra fluid? With my ram, it displaces one side against the other. (fills one and empty's the other) so there is no real fluid useage. I just have the stock GM pump and resevoir and it works fine.
worst case use a g(van) series pump with the remote resevoir and hose for remote location.