• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Samurai engine decision

Wich engine?

• 1.6 16 valve

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • 4.3 liter vortec

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • 3.4 liter GM engine (way light compared to 4.3)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 2.0 Grand vitara engine

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • any other engine choices, please answer in post

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
This is my vote for your new Zooki engine.. Vroom Vroom Vroom

http://www.engadget.com/2006/03/06/jet-powered-vw-bug-takes-to-the-street/

jet-beetle.jpg

VW_Rear_Dr_Open1_PScopy.jpg

VW_Fire1copy.jpg

Dont take anybody's sugjestion on building up a 4cyl. I have a very built 22re in my toy and it absoluteley screams at higher RPM, wich is fun. But is did almost nothing for low RPM torque. For the money I have in to the 4 cyl I could have done a 4.3L:cool:

briejer said:
better go with a 4.3 then....just a few pounds lighter, but gutless enough to not hurt the lil diffs:clappy:
Hey want to race:flipoff: . Ask Troy how fast the Green Machine is. And if I remember right you were pretty happy with the way my 4.3 performed the last time you drove it.:clappy:

PORTER said:
Hey want to race:flipoff: . Ask Troy how fast the Green Machine is. And if I remember right you were pretty happy with the way my 4.3 performed the last time you drove it.:clappy:

I'll race ya with my 42's

so, i need some power ratings. i need something that wont be too much for toyota axles, but enough to have some fun. i want to be as quick as my 96 HO OB2 5 speed cherokee with the 4.0 liter, or faster, but light (i know im asking for the world :flipoff:) right now im lookin at an ECO TEC, but worrying about packaging problems, transmission, etc. Possibly a turbo SR20DET :cool: or a gm 3.4 v-6

Idea, 4.0 your sami.

Just a thought. Don't know how feasable it is, but I do know people love the 4.0L I had one and loved it. And if you get upset with it there are turbos available.

KarlVP said:
Idea, 4.0 your sami.

Just a thought. Don't know how feasable it is, but I do know people love the 4.0L I had one and loved it. And if you get upset with it there are turbos available.
Dude it would stick out a foot past the grill :haha:

the ****in 4.0 liters weigh as much, or more as a SBC, i am NOT looking for a heavy engine. i am looking for half the weight, and possibly unnaturally aspirated. i like BOV's :D

The 1.6 16V works great, for a gas motor.
Light, easy on fuel (DD) so far no big issues with power.
With the right gears that is.
But I think the 1.9 TDI would be the BEST choice.:cool:
I prefer the light weight motor or the heavy ones.