• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

School me on Speakers

crista, i have some Pioneer 5.25" er's and some 6.5" ers sittin in my garage with nothin to do. shoot me a PM if ya want em for cheeeeep.

Hey Mrs.Crash just go to bestbuy and get some 4" kenwoods they are a good all around speaker, I have them in my XJ they are 2 way and they have exceptional high range very clear and crisp!!!!! And they are going to only cost you $60 and if they get damaged its not going to kill the pockets. You could get the componant set and hide everything in the dash! Your husband could do a good job installing them, hes a fabricator right?????

Tom

The first infinity that I posted weren't a bad price at all.. $42.98

2-Way Speaker SpecificationsSize: 4
Sensitivity: 92 dB
Frequency Response: 85-21,000 Hz
Recommended RMS Power: 35W
Peak Power Handling: 105W
Impedance: 4 ohms

The "Kappa" are more expensive. $129.95

This is their specs...

Sensitivity: 93 dB
Frequency Response: 75-25,000 Hz
Recommended RMS Power: 50W
Peak Power Handling: 150W
Impedance: 2 ohms

My preference is seperates with each set driven by an amp with an electronic crossover (non passive)

in my spl car i had a a full rockfordfosgate set up. if you have no problem with spending more cash this is the way to go!!! but if you want the cheap way out just get a pioneer deck with pioneer speakers they sound great and are cheap to replace! and pionner is #1 in spl comp beating fosgate

Mrs. Crash said:
The first infinity that I posted weren't a bad price at all.. $42.98

Sensitivity: 92 dB
Frequency Response: 85-21,000 Hz
Recommended RMS Power: 35W
Peak Power Handling: 105W
Impedance: 4 ohms

The "Kappa" are more expensive. $129.95

This is their specs...

Sensitivity: 93 dB
Frequency Response: 75-25,000 Hz
Recommended RMS Power: 50W
Peak Power Handling: 150W
Impedance: 2 ohms

Thats a big price diffrence! If your going to have the top off during the summer i would say go for the cheaper ones just in case because they abviously wouldnt cost as much if stolen or be as big of a target to get stolen. Plus there is a hug diffrence in quality between the two.

Im pretty sure car toys or best buy have both of these speakers though if you wanna go test them out

War-Jeeper said:
That would be component speakers:;

New fangled terms :D

Funny thing is I was running a stereo system you could hear a mile away before you were born--how funny is that :D

crash said:
New fangled terms :D

Funny thing is I was running a stereo system you could hear a mile away before you were born--how funny is that :D

Yea theres always a new term for somthing these days, but yea if you go into a store and say component speakers you will get what you were talking about, if you told them what you did you would probably get the :wtf:

Hahahahahahaha thats ageing yourself right there:haha:

time to weigh in...

INFINITY 3 speakers for the front doors.

I scored mine at the car toys tent sale one night very late at night when they were closing. sound incredible in my truck. afterwards I purchased a custom MTX factory formed box for under the back seat. the infinity's are great at low and high volume levels.

i have a couple of subwoofer boxes in my garage that are going up for sale. still have a lot of kick just when i was younger i used to burn through vehicles and was always putting in new systems but taking the older systems out when i sold/traded the vehicle. perhaps if you are looking for a box thats affordable - come shopping in my cavernous garage!

also a friend of mine's son passed away recently and he had a 'system' in his infiniti that his parents are going to sell. I can see what the specs are on it and get back to you if you are interested. this box has the amplifier attached to the box.

Glenn said:
pay no attention to speaker manufacturers who say you MUST get 4T (specialty) speakers to fit
Correct, 4"T" are just the ones that are supposed to bolt in without any modifications. To be honest I don't think anyone is even making them anymore.

Glenn said:
Not quite, Shane.

Clicky.
Those are not "T" speakers. :rolleyes: .....Crutchfield.... :haha: :haha: :haha: :looser:

4-T speakers look like you took a regular 4" speaker with the square corners and you lopped two opposing corners off. They look EXACTLY like the stock speakers. Those will probably fit, but they are NOT "T" type speakers. Like I said, I doubt anyone still sells them. I think the last I saw was from Polk and that was 4-5 years ago.

yeah. I think you are right Sam. I don't want anything too fancy. Not in my truck.

Thanks for the advice so far everyone

Mrs. Crash said:
yeah. I think you are right Sam. I don't want anything too fancy. Not in my truck.

Thanks for the advice so far everyone

Yep with something where the top comes off there is no reason to put tons of money into it, it would be another story if you never took the top off.

War-Jeeper said:
Marine speakers might be a good way to go
Not necessarily, but ya. I avoid paper cones and foam surrounds. Poly or metal cones and rubber surrounds hold up better.

skrause said:
Not necessarily, but ya. I avoid paper cones and foam surrounds. Poly or metal cones and rubber surrounds hold up better.

Were the infinity ones the right kind? I thought it said poly??