• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

School me on Treps...

under_psi said:
understood....however, IF you were in the market for tires, especially where you wheel, you would be NUCKING FUTS to NOT get a set of the treps...

Says the guy that has never ran either.... :flipoff1:

( I havent either but STFU you dont even wheel laughing1 )

Trep is going to be the most expensive tire out there... period , we all know that. That said it will have to be one hell of a good ass tire to justify the price for me. Not that Im in the market either way , but speaking for most "common folk" Price has alot to do with tire choice at that level and BFG's work, are easier to get replacment's for and have been around doing work for years. ( even though I have heard BFG was coming out with a newer or new tire at that level... dont know if there is ANY truth to that or not )

Im not hating on the Trep at all, I think its a sexual tire and I LOVE the sidewall lugs and depth of them FO SHO, I just havent been around them or seen them work enough to see that its the above and beyond end, all be all ,best tire out there. I've seen them in comps and that is it. Hard to get a "reality" test out of comp enviroment because there are so many other variables. I really would have liked to see them when GetSilly had them at Grayrock trail riding Adam's old rig. I could have got real world from seeing that since we all know what works and doesnt out there tire wise and seen every obstacle 1/2 a billion times. laughing1

You are missing the other part of this, Treps are HARD to get. Hell, all Maxxis tires are hard to get and their program is hard to get into. BFG is easier for sho, tires are cheaper and they seem to make them in large runs so you can actually get a set.

Treps are cool and must be hard to get, hell I couldnt even get a set,, I must not have done good enough this year! I still dont beleive I was beat by a tire! Creepy will be just fine for me.

P said:
Says the guy that has never ran either.... :flipoff1:

( I havent either but STFU you dont even wheel laughing1 )

:flipoff1: EAD..i wheel...or, used to....at this point in time, i choose not to....its easy when 5 min from home gives you 3+ options to wheel.....

Cole said:
I disagree, I could have gotten any tire I wanted and I got the Krawlers.

sorry, like obama, i ain't buying it...i think that deep down some of your decision has to do with the fact that you actually have a HAND in making that tire....

InDaShop said:
I got lucky lucky lucky this year. I only truely ruined 1 tire. I punchered 5 tire sidwalls, and guess what? All where the exact same tire. DIdnt matter if it was mounted in the front or the back, thats the tire that got holes in it. Then eventually I tore a hole you could fit your head through.

Cole must have made that tire.......

wngrog said:
Cole must have made that tire.......

Yep probably did. If any of you guys are smart when you order tires, tell them you want tires with my last name in them.
Trust me on this.

InDaShop said:
how do you know? where do you check?

Yeah there is a small sticker on the inside with my last name in them.
Seriously if you only ruined one tire during a season of Xrra thats pretty good. I have seen the TN boys ruin 3 or 4 TSL in an hour.

Also someone posted up on Pirate about tearing a huge hole in the side of a Trep. :flipgotcha:

Cole said:
Yeah there is a small sticker on the inside with my last name in them.
Seriously if you only ruined one tire during a season of Xrra thats pretty good. I have seen the TN boys ruin 3 or 4 TSL in an hour.

Also someone posted up on Pirate about tearing a huge hole in the side of a Trep. :flipgotcha:
Pics or it didn't happen :flipgotcha: