• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Seat solutions!?!

Tjmatt

So my tj is a daily driver and the seats suck on the trails. I have back problems and am a tall guy. I want to know what seats other rig owners are really liking. I don't want deep buckets, they are impossible with a tall jeep and bad back, but I want something easy to work with daily that performs well on the trail all weekend. I love the caribou name, but want best all around use regardless of reputation. Ideas?

Go to someplace that sells offroad suspension seats and try them out. It's all about preference, especially with a bad back. I love my buckets. All day without a sore muscle:awesomework:

I put the Corbeau Baja seats in my TJ.

I like them A LOT. Here's what I did with my old ones. http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56054&highlight=seat

I should have put the Baja Elite seat in the passenger side. The wife doesn't really fit in the standard seat.

I'm a 32 inch waist and she's a 36.

But as alluded to previously, find a shop with seats on display (olympic 4x4, 4wheel parts) and test them before you buy.

My bad back loves my Beard seats wheel all day and no issues. bad thing with most suspension seats is that they don't tilt making it hard to take naps or get behind the seat

I've got a mastercraft baja rs you can come stick your butt in.

I'm at northridge on newberry hill in silverdale.

Pat at those guys in bremerton has some PRP's you can try out as well.

I just realized what Matt this is :redneck:

I have a seat mastercraft in the waiting room. Come try it out when you get a chance.

I'm 6'4" and 250#, run the PRP Daily Drivers in the +2" width. They are awesome, setup for a DD so not too deep side bolsters, and are comfy as hell.

Sounds like trying it out first is a good idea. I'll swing by those local places soon. I'm in a rental here on vaca and the buckets are too small, I can see how the wrong seat will not be pleasant.

Sounds like trying it out first is a good idea. I'll swing by those local places soon. I'm in a rental here on vaca and the buckets are too small, I can see how the wrong seat will not be pleasant.

Yep. Also take into account that the seat will settle a little. It may feel a tad tight band new. But a few months down the road it'll be asstacular:awesomework: