• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

semi wheel conversions

Toyotanut

Is there any real advantage to doing a semi wheel conversion on the tow rig other than to look cool? Seen a truck at my work and in monroe (same truck) with it and it got me to thinking about it.

Last edited:
Theirs a set of those big wheel adapters at the swap meet...GAY:looser:

They look retarded but the tire wear is awesome on semi tires. Survey says on a lighter pickup you'll likely never wear a set of them out.

If you are going to be hauling a heavy trailer long distances I would say go for it but on a daily driver in our rainy area I don't think you will get the traction when not loaded...

If you are going to be hauling a heavy trailer long distances I would say go for it but on a daily driver in our rainy area I don't think you will get the traction when not loaded...

This. Unless you're hauling ridiculous amounts of weight in your pickup, they're useless.

still useless............the adapters and wheels will not bump up your gross?:eeek: if any thing it might lower it some............it's just extra bling

they're useless for sure, and the adapters weigh about as much as my stock 16" wheels. But they look cool as hell, i'd like some 24.5's please.:masturbanana[1]:

dually_adapters.jpg

dually004.jpg

chevy_duramax_01.jpg

attachment.php

redsdirrectbolt243.bmp

3461106133_1d44d7bb87.jpg

XDL.jpg

Throw some of these on that lifted chev, an I'd rock it as a tow rig/dd:masturbanana[1]:

That rat rod is awesome! I'd totally cruise that durin the summer.:cool:

One of the biggiest down falls are if you have a flat most shops don't carry them. It does not and GVW to your rig it lowers it cause you have to sub track the extra weight from your gvw. Most guys towning are over weight,

i would imagine that the ride would be alot harsher to due to the side walls of them tires not having any flex in them......i would think that would make the whole ride dependant on the suspention causing that to wear quick maybe??

i would imagine that the ride would be alot harsher to due to the side walls of them tires not having any flex in them......i would think that would make the whole ride dependant on the suspention causing that to wear quick maybe??

i'm sure it does some.......but a good load rated tire that comes on them rides like **** too:redneck:

I run 19.5 Alcoas on my 04 Dodge DRW with Goodyear G124's all the way around @ 65 psi. They are made in the 8 lug pattern, so no adapters. They drive good, no harsher than stock....well, maybe a little. Not sure about the weight, but I didn't notice any difference in braking. They look awesome too.

I run 19.5 Alcoas on my 04 Dodge DRW with Goodyear G124's all the way around @ 65 psi. They are made in the 8 lug pattern, so no adapters. They drive good, no harsher than stock....well, maybe a little. Not sure about the weight, but I didn't notice any difference in braking. They look awesome too.

yes they do:awesomework:

Im with TMF ive got a set of rickson 19.5 G145 225/70 steer and G622 225/70 drivers thay are the shiznit.the rid is a little harsh but its a TRUCK. i just went to the hammers loaded to the teeth and with this set up towing isnt scarry.its worth the $i know were thair is a set for a dually $2500 ex.cond.

Last edited: