• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sex and Specs

Travis are you sure that one is lowered? Looks like he deleted the rocker trim and is running 17"s vs. yours look like 15"s. Unless its only an inch or so.
Then just bodypainted alot of the other trim, and debadged it. Your's is so close to that one. Wouldnt take much to pull it off.

I remember in High School, Richie Stadter from OZ did a sick sick sick Burgundy '67 or '68 firebird for Jason Johnson (another OZ guy), it had a crazy drag motor as well. The night he paid Richie and got it back, was cruising OZ, went thru Sonic, then peeled the **** OUT heading east outta town. You know the old Works Administration bridge that crosses the Marais Des Cygnes? By the time he got there he was well over the 100 mark and that bridge being narrow he sideswipped that thing and sliced the right side of that car FULL OPEN!!!

I'm not sure it ever got rebuilt but it was back at Richie's that night. :eek:

InDaShop said:
Travis are you sure that one is lowered? Looks like he deleted the rocker trim and is running 17"s vs. yours look like 15"s. Unless its only an inch or so.
Then just bodypainted alot of the other trim, and debadged it. Your's is so close to that one. Wouldnt take much to pull it off.

I remember in High School, Richie Stadter from OZ did a sick sick sick Burgundy '67 or '68 firebird for Jason Johnson (another OZ guy), it had a crazy drag motor as well. The night he paid Richie and got it back, was cruising OZ, went thru Sonic, then peeled the **** OUT heading east outta town. You know the old Works Administration bridge that crosses the Marais Des Cygnes? By the time he got there he was well over the 100 mark and that bridge being narrow he sideswipped that thing and sliced the right side of that car FULL OPEN!!!

I'm not sure it ever got rebuilt but it was back at Richie's that night. :eek:

Im not sure what size wheels he has but I have 17's. Im guessing his are 18's or 17's and just lower then I am. Ya Im pretty sure I heard the story of that bird before. That sucks for sure. I have had my chance to buy a pretty mean drag engine but I want fuel injected and reliable horsepower. Also dont care to much to run on race fuel.

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Nice rides.

That has to be the best looking APACHE Ive ever seen.
A friend of mine just finished restoring a 4wd one. :dblthumb:
154293_168995363123447_147397331949917_404037_4641390_n.jpg

Is this not from the vampire love story movies?

Heres my grandmother's 31 A model. My dad and I restored it over 20 years ago and has been sitting in the barn holding up dust. We just moved it to my grandmothers basement about 3months ago. I guess it will sit there untill she dies.
ry%3D400.jpg

ry%3D400.jpg

ry%3D400.jpg

copperhead, where did you find the pics of the firebird with the painted front? I really like the looks of it, and have a 68 myself, in pieces.

kid rok said:
Heres my grandmother's 31 A model. My dad and I restored it over 20 years ago and has been sitting in the barn holding up dust. We just moved it to my grandmothers basement about 3months ago. I guess it will sit there untill she dies.

drool yes I want a '30-31 A coupe in a bad way. Put it on Duece rails highboy style and fenderless. drool

If you or she or your family ever thinks for a second y'all want to part with it, PLEASE keep me in mind.

Not my ride but one that my dad and me built. 54 Chevy 5 window, 5.3 4l60e, 79 camaro front suspension and rear axle. These pics are before it was done and the rear has been lowered down since.

And right now my dad has his 62 Thunderbird in my shop all torn apart repainting it. I'll try to get some pics of it as soon as it's done.

damn Daniel!!! I wish more people built the '54-55 1st series trucks, i like the windshields so much better than the up-'53s but it seems you rarely see them. Nice!!!

paul_tj said:
copperhead, where did you find the pics of the firebird with the painted front? I really like the looks of it, and have a 68 myself, in pieces.

I stumbled across them on pirate, Here are some more
IMG_2858.jpg

IMG_2848.jpg

InDaShop said:
damn Daniel!!! I wish more people built the '54-55 1st series trucks, i like the windshields so much better than the up-'53s but it seems you rarely see them. Nice!!!

Thanks! After building it there are some things I wish we would have done different but. Ido not like the vent on the cowl or the passenger side. Nothing too major.

Guess I'll show mine off. It's not nearly as cool as all the others. But I like it. Full street car with heat, power steering, leather power seats/windows and up until recently it was a six speed. Drove to the track many a times and ran a best of 6.70@106 on a baby 100 shot and 7.10@99 all motor. It's got a LS2 404, custom spec cam camshaft(254/257 .621/.621 on 111+3LSA), patriot heads, FAST intake, Kooks 2" race headers, 4" cat back with Borla race muffler, Moser 9" out back, almost full suspension blah blah blah. Lots of street wins, and lots of headaches. Been through two different nitrous setups and one procharger setup. It was the fastest with the procharger. But the headunit came to an untimely demise on the dyno one day. So it went back to all motor and a little laughing gas. I broke it back in October leaving on 28" slicks at around 6500rpms. Broke the trans, driveshaft, and the spool and center section itself all in one whack. So it's on the back burner for a while...but once I've got it all back together I've got a custom single turbo kit to put on it...

9dcec03e.jpg

ed387d6e.jpg

49343687.jpg

And here's some mock up pics of my turbo kit being built..
9a246bf1.jpg

79688074.jpg

6ab26bb8.jpg

corey said:
I broke it back in October leaving on 28" slicks at around 6500rpms. Broke the trans, driveshaft, and the spool and center section itself all in one whack.

DOOOODE!!!!!!!!!! That has to be the worst break! All in one shot, holy ****! Impressive thumb.gif Did anyone get vid?
Jesus I cant even imagine having that failure, and getting out of the car and wonder what I broke, and having it be everything.

No vids, wasn't much to witness. Just a pop and limited check then a flame shot out of the tail pipe. Then an assortment of various liquids hitting the ground. I got lots of pics of the carnage. Actually bent a heim joint on my torque arm too lmao.

I'll play. Here is a 54 chevy truck that I bagged, 4 linked and built tubular control arms and cross member then added rack and pinion.
Well for some reason I cant post a picture yet..

InDaShop said:
DOOOODE!!!!!!!!!! That has to be the worst break! All in one shot, holy ****! Impressive thumb.gif Did anyone get vid?
Jesus I cant even imagine having that failure, and getting out of the car and wonder what I broke, and having it be everything.
I've always thought that was weird. Ben in big booty judy broke the intermediate shaft between the 203/205, 205 output shaft, driveshaft yoke and pinion yoke on the 14 bolt all in 1 bounce. I didn't think it was possible to break that much **** at once, but apparently its just called a REAL bad day playin :woody:

A project I am finishing up nothing special here....1935 all steel chev. pickup...all rusty and nine different colors. Perfect just the way I like them...pretty cool truck IMO!!!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hey greg.....it's all street rod...Mustang 2 front clip.gm 350. 350 trans.10 bolt rear. Walker radiator. Disc brakes. It is a driver for sure....

onealdodge said:
Hey greg.....it's all street rod...Mustang 2 front clip.gm 350. 350 trans.10 bolt rear. Walker radiator. Disc brakes. It is a driver for sure....

That would be an awesome DD. I would leave it with the original paint scheme there and give it that Steven O'Neal bullet proof sleeper treatment and rock the **** out of it. I like the red steelies too, gives it that nostalgic look. Rock that thing. New an old man that got tired of the local high schoolers showing there ass's, so he took his 80's El Camino sleeper and dropped a 355 with a forced induction unit under the hood and went on the hunt. Sleepers are badass. loller.gif