• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SFWDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
GSI said:
^This.

Stony Lonesome wouldn't have happened without SFWDA if you need something worthwhile that they have done. The current leadership is complete different than when they were fighting for Tellico. As for them being after only money, you know their membership cost have gone way down, right?

I have never heard that? I have heard the money that bought was through a federal grant? Explain this please.

I agree with Pholmann lets see where all the money goes. Rich you know the Clinton Foundation is a nonprofit?

Re: Re: SFWDA

rockwell 1 said:
don't treat us like we learned about southern yesterday rich .maby they shouldn't have there fundraisers at private parks in tn if they don't support private parks in tn.
"guuulp" "crickets"

rockwell 1 said:
don't treat us like we learned about southern yesterday rich .maby they shouldn't have there fundraisers at private parks in tn if they don't support private parks in tn.

I've always been intrigued by this also, why don't they have their fundraiser rides at parks they help keep open? Uwharrie, Beasley knob...etc

SFWDA is willing to support private parks. Don't believe me, go look for yourself https://www.sfwda.org/grants/ Additionally, their spring meet and ride at Hale Mountain also brought in over $1000 in revenue the park wouldn't have otherwise gotten.

The short of SFWDA and Stony Lonesome is members of SFWDA applied for the federal grant money and approached then Cullman county commissioner John Sellers. A lot of the behind the scenes work was done with help from SFWDA to get the park going. I personally laid out some of the trails down here along with others that were members of southern.

Rich said:
Membership costs $0 through the forum. A benefit we can thank John for. Love to hear people bitch about something they know nothing about. Rant on.

Except John took the initiative, paid the group membership, and signed everyone up under the "hardline" banner that wanted to be a member of sfwda.

Unless someone else is willing to do that again this year I don't think it's happening in 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBItoy said:
Except John took the initiative, paid the group membership, and signed everyone up under the "hardline" banner that wanted to be a member of sfwda.

Unless someone else is willing to do that again this year I don't think it's happening in 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Consider it done. I'll start a sign up thread next week.

pholmann said:
Fact: not for profit does NOT mean not for salary. Show me where 100% of the money raised is going to this and I'll change my mind.

As a member of a nonprofit you CAN demand to see where every penny is spent. It's fewer pennies than you may think.

Rich said:
As a member of a nonprofit you CAN demand to see where every penny is spent. It's fewer pennies than you may think.
by all means, prove me wrong. I'll chew on that crow and ask for salt if you can. I just think they are past their usefulness like the unions.

I know for a fact the vice president has never ever had salary. Pholmann you know the Vice President just ask him about salaries next time he seen . Just like everything else in this world you have good and bad in everything. I think john G would have never given them a penny if he thought it wasn't for a good cause!!!! Y'all have fun and carry on.

A local "jeep club" in the knoxville area has a leader that is some type of president in sfwda. I sent him a pm a few months ago when they started pushing the join sfwda thing again. I literally wanted to know what they do, where is the money spent, how is this going to benefit our future for wheeling, how can i get involved with real details on helping the cause... took him 2 days to pm me back and all I got was a copy and paste from their website he sent to me. So I sent him another pm asking why he sent me a copy of the website info page and asked a few more questions... guess what? No reply still to this day. Southern is literally a joke because nobody knows what the hell they do and if your not part of the leaf spring mafia who still runs a rear d60 and never broke a shaft in 20 years they wont tell you. It woulda been different if I was being a **** when I sent the "president" a pm with questions but I wasnt, I really wanted to know if it was worth my time and money to get involved and help. Apparently its not.

My thoughts on Sfwda is... they couldn't pull their pants up or wipe their asses with out help. I've never seen where they were a huge helping hand with anything but taking folks money for absolutely no reason. I'm under the assumption if you join a club or something and you pay them money and member ship dues that if you go to that clubs party for nothing. Not hey glad you're here but we need more of your money so you can party with us. I'm probably way wrong on my thinking with that but hey whatever! :flipper:

You mean you don't pay people to be your friend so they can text you once a month and let you know when you need to pay your membership fees again!?!?

Dang it Alex! I forgot to pay my friendship dues! Hopefully you'll still be my buddy next month!

Rich said:
What a bunch of shortsighted individuals. First SFWDA is a non profit, which means they spend all the money they take in on furthering our hobby. ORP's are privately owned businesses ( run for profit). Maybe the owner could peel off a few bills for bath houses and other improvement.
Secondly, not every offroad enthusiast owns a hill killing buggy. Some of us want to explore a new tree covered dirt road, cross a creek, find a secluded lake, or get to some rock climbing spot. SFWDA is experienced working with legislators and rangers to provide access to public property.
Third, Southern's failure at Tellico was due to political climate. The current administration is much more open to the responsible use of public resources. I expect SFWDA to do great things in the future. Having enjoyed this hobby with John G for 40 years, I've seen public access squashed by liberal "environmentalists " time and time again.
Hardline Crawlers. Com's group membership was negotiated by John G to allow SFWDA a louder voice with park rangers, the Dept of Interior, and legislators. There is strength in numbers. Currently there are over 13,000 members on this forum. However, to be counted, you have to ask for a membership. Real people counted.
If you don't want to support SFWDA, it's a free country. I want access to what's mine and will support SFWDA any way I can.

I'm guessing you're at least in your 60s which makes this opinion make total sense. You say Southern is experienced working with legislators and rangers and I just have to laugh. If you think they are just out there "working hard on your behalf" you must live in a dream world. The Tellico situation may have been stacked against them but they botched that whole deal so hard we might as well have had mickey mouse and his buddies on the job. Please, feel free to give me a list of their "accomplishments" from the past 10 years and attaching your name to other peoples hard work doesn't count. I'll wait.

Rich said:

Someone please do this. I would love to see if you even get a response. It will probably be meticulously laid out in an Excel '95 spreadsheet that no one with a computer made in the last decade can open.

scrambled said:
$3000 sticky tires, $500 coolers, and yall can't throw $50 to an organization that is on your side laughing1

So if you have an expensive buggy you should flush money down the toilet for no reason? ???

Have they given funds to ORP's for bath houses or pavilions? I've never heard of them doing that. I haven't herad much of what they did since Tellico.

Status
Not open for further replies.