• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SFWDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
pholmann said:
by all means, prove me wrong. I'll chew on that crow and ask for salt if you can. I just think they are past their usefulness like the unions.
I have nothing useful to add to this thread but this made me laugh.

Carry on

Dixie Run last year. Sign up early. Show up for dinner Sat. night, they don't have enough food. But did offer a couple boiled hot dogs..............WTF. So we said F it and were going back down to camp to cook. Wife had signed up for women's ride, she had a great time with her friends on the ride, we went to pick up her T-shirt from the ride. They didn't have any left.........LOL. Then guy says, I'll just give you one of the event T's, wife tells him she wears a medium. What a surprise, they are out of those too....... I filled out the follow up form they sent out and told them what they could work on.

I've been around motor sports events for 10+ years and the last thing you want to do is be short on food, t-shirts, etc.

*IF* they are actually doing things to support private parks, why do they not let EVERYONE know about it? *IF* they are doing things behind the scenes, why in the world would you not want to make it public knowledge? *IF* these things are actually going on, they have got to be THE WORST organization at marketing themselves to potential contributors.

Until someone can show me what SFWDA is doing for us, I've given them my last $. When they show us what they are actually doing, where money is going, etc. and not just some BS about we are doing things behind the scenes........ I'll be glad to contribute again.

wizzo said:
Until someone can show me what SFWDA is doing for us, I've given them my last $. When they show us what they are actually doing, where money is going, etc. and not just some BS about we are doing things behind the scenes........ I'll be glad to contribute again.

Ditto.

I will second Wizzo's

I stopped going years ago! And i was not involved at all until a few years ago when John G offered the connection to SFWDA for Hardline members.

Why would i want to go spend my hard earned money to ride at a location when they jack the price to some stupid amount when i could wait to the next weekend and not have to pay a 1/3 of the price and acutely get something for my money....looking back on the whole thing they have nothing to offer in my opinion...maybe they can get up to speed and change that....but i have been waiting on that since Tellico

IF SFWDA wants to get more folks involve how about offering a Class on TRAIL ETIQUETTE for starters and maybe some basics on Off road techniques (driving, winching, and general mechanics) educate new members for the crazy price of being a member and give some positive reason to even be a part of SFWDA.

Oh yea,
and how about the Educate others about LAND USE since they know so much about it with there experience with Tellico...INFORM every RETARD with a 4wheel drive lever that....just because they think they can take there Precious New Bank Note where ever they want to that THEY are the reason PUBLIC land gets shut down. Just because you heard how cool it is to get you 4x4 muddy in some country song, and you know a place down on Ol' SO and SO place you can hit so you can look like all the cool kids in town with $425 fake mudd jeans who wants to feel like a "REAL MAN"

how about LEARN something and realize when you tare up property you should not be on even though you see others doing the same thing YOU ARE THE PROBLEM! AND PICK UP YOUR DANG TRASH! Land owners get fed up with people trashing THERE (Key word to all SNOWFLAKES) THERE property!

How about that for starters!

ftoy516 said:
I will second Wizzo's

I stopped going years ago! And i was not involved at all until a few years ago when John G offered the connection to SFWDA for Hardline members.

Why would i want to go spend my hard earned money to ride at a location when they jack the price to some stupid amount when i could wait to the next weekend and not have to pay a 1/3 of the price and acutely get something for my money....looking back on the whole thing they have nothing to offer in my opinion...maybe they can get up to speed and change that....but i have been waiting on that since Tellico

IF SFWDA wants to get more folks involve how about offering a Class on TRAIL ETIQUETTE for starters and maybe some basics on Off road techniques (driving, winching, and general mechanics) educate new members for the crazy price of being a member and give some positive reason to even be a part of SFWDA.

Oh yea,
and how about the Educate others about LAND USE since they know so much about it with there experience with Tellico...INFORM every RETARD with a 4wheel drive lever that....just because they think they can take there Precious New Bank Note where ever they want to that THEY are the reason PUBLIC land gets shut down. Just because you heard how cool it is to get you 4x4 muddy in some country song, and you know a place down on Ol' SO and SO place you can hit so you can look like all the cool kids in town with $425 fake mudd jeans who wants to feel like a "REAL MAN"

how about LEARN something and realize when you tare up property you should not be on even though you see others doing the same thing YOU ARE THE PROBLEM! AND PICK UP YOUR DANG TRASH! Land owners get fed up with people trashing THERE (Key word to all SNOWFLAKES) THERE property!

How about that for starters!

There is a series of educational videos that were all filmed and produced by an SFWDA grant in the last 2 years and covers these subjects. there are more coming in 2017. Theyve been shared up down and across social media and received hundreds of thousands of views collectively.

https://www.sfwda.org/education

There have also been multiple TreadLightly seminars that were open to the public and free of charge put on in the last couple years by SFWDA and its member clubs.

Well great.....not everyone cares about "SOCIAL MEDIA"

If they have lost persons that supported them in the past, please tell everyone how they intend to reach back out to said persons to try and get these people reengaged to being a part of SFWDA?

sounds like I am not the only person that got fed up with SFWDA and stoped carring about them......THAT is why i SUPPORT HARDLINE CRAWLERS

ftoy516 said:
Well great.....not everyone cares about "SOCIAL MEDIA"

If they have lost persons that supported them in the past, please tell everyone how they intend to reach back out to said persons to try and get these people reengaged to being a part of SFWDA?

sounds like I am not the only person that got fed up with SFWDA and stoped carring about them......THAT is why i SUPPORT HARDLINE CRAWLERS

This forum is social media.

don't try to make this into "hardline vs SFWDA"

So... :dunno: I guess I didn't know what I was stepping into. Still haven't seen a ADMIN comment. :stir: I still haven't decided if I like them or not no one is giving actual proof of they do or don't do anything. Maybe we should just turn this into a poll and see where we land??

Re:

Some folks jus like being part of a group. Nothing wrong with that.

Me...not so much. But I'm kinda socially distant. Being an introvert for the most part.

I enjoy time with my wife...close friends, but I greatly enjoy my "me" time.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I was going to post this in the random pic thread.....but I think it fits better here.
a0adff5e3ea055de231beb2432ecbcb9.jpg

Re:

tonybolton said:
Some folks jus like being part of a group. Nothing wrong with that.

Me...not so much. But I'm kinda socially distant. Being an introvert for the most part.

I enjoy time with my wife...close friends, but I greatly enjoy my "me" time.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

"Me time"

Here's where I find the problem... there have been a few comment on this that support southern. That's fine and dandy for them but no one that supports them can tell any of us what's going on with them and what they do other than the post about stony which nobody knew anything about because it wasn't public info. I don't understand, maybe there like a secret society and you have to have been at tellico on July 9th 1997 while drinking a beer and talking about how 4 link will never go over in the future to be a part of it kinda thing?? I just don't get it. Literally the only thing I can asume at this point is its because they aren't doing ****. My thoughts until proven otherwise.

We (the wheeling community) do need an organization to look out for our interests. Not just for public lands but private parks and private lands as well. In the past decade I can remember land use issues at Summertown, Tellico (RIP), Jellico, Aetna, Cowan, Monteagle, Coppenger Cove, and most recently the park Plow Boy wants to open... and that's all just in my small part of the world. That I recall, SFWDA only heavily involved themselves in the Tellico matter and we all know how that turned out. It's a shame SFWDA can't/won't do more to help keep ALL trails open. At minimum SFWDA has a massive image problem and they refuse to face it. In my opinion they are little more than a car club at this point.

Wes in TN said:
We (the wheeling community) do need an organization to look out for our interests. Not just for public lands but private parks and private lands as well. In the past decade I can remember land use issues at Summertown, Tellico (RIP), Jellico, Aetna, Cowan, Monteagle, Coppenger Cove, and most recently the park Plow Boy wants to open... and that's all just in my small part of the world. That I recall, SFWDA only heavily involved themselves in the Tellico matter and we all know how that turned out. It's a shame SFWDA can't/won't do more to help keep ALL trails open. At minimum SFWDA has a massive image problem and they refuse to face it. In my opinion they are little more than a car club at this point.

THIS. I don't remember them doing **** to try and help out Aetna a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.