• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Shitters Full

nick c

Lewis & Clark bitches!
Having a hell of a time with my black tank.

Every time I go to drain it I get a few gallons of waste to drain and then it stops. So I end up having to run a hose down the toilet and pump water through to break up the solids.

I'm using the RV toilet paper.

Last weekend I was camping at Sonoma raceway and they had a septic pump truck sucking tanks out. I hired the guy and he was only able to get it partially empty with his pump.

It seems the solids are stacking up and only the liquids are making their way to the drain.

I've tried the ice down the toilet but the problem is usually the tank is too full for the ice to do any good.

I'm thinking of drilling some holes and inserting some PVC to act as flush nozzles into the sides of the tank. Figure I can plumb them together with PEX and have a hose fitting by my drain to hook up a garden hose.

When I got my trailer 3 years ago it had a very pungent smell when I drained the black tank also. I added the chemicals every trip and added double or triple the amount. That helped a little bit but not much.

So I decided that I would try to fill the black tank with water from the hose and let it sit for a week before our next trip. Then on our way out of town I would stop and dump it. That helped a bit more.

Then next I decided to add a gallon of vinegar and then fill the tank with water. I let it sit a few days before our next trip and dumped it on our way out of town again. This helped even more.

So last summer I did this before every trip and now the smell is gone and I haven't seen any more old solids come out.

I flush the black tank with the gray tank as gray is above the black so I dump the black then back flush the gray into black then drain black again.

You can buy an attachment for your drain line that lets you back flush into the tank. I use it every time.

You are getting the black tank at least 3/4 full before dumping it right? Dumping it when it isn't mostly full will cause the solids to build up and you'll get the brown mound.

I'd recommend putting a flush kit in if you don't already have one.

Aqua chem. Lots of it to breake down the badness. If you are going in to a spectic use pure power. Once chemical is in drive around then dump.

I flush the black tank with the gray tank as gray is above the black so I dump the black then back flush the gray into black then drain black again.

I don't understand this, I'm stuck on stupid or something.

My gray tank and black tank valves are right next to each other and the very end of the drain line. Are yours not?

You can buy an attachment for your drain line that lets you back flush into the tank. I use it every time.

It just dawned on my yesterday that I have one of the caps that has a hook up for a garden hose so I can do this. Not sure why it took me so long to think of that.

You are getting the black tank at least 3/4 full before dumping it right? Dumping it when it isn't mostly full will cause the solids to build up and you'll get the brown mound.

I'd recommend putting a flush kit in if you don't already have one.

So far every time I've dumped it's been between 2/3 and 1/3 according to the meter. Only once have I ever gotten it down to E after dumping and flushing. Took alot of rinsing.

So far every time I've dumped it's been between 2/3 and 1/3 according to the meter. Only once have I ever gotten it down to E after dumping and flushing. Took alot of rinsing.

I'd get a lot more water in it before you dump next time, the fuller the better.

Put one of these on https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005BBV8A4/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_8rXLvb3QHFXA4, you can pump water into your tank to get it full before dumping it. Close the valve and let it fill up 2 more times and you won't have stuff building up anymore.

Fill it to about 3/4 full with water, then dump a bag or two of crushed ice into it. As you drive down the road, the ice does two things. It breaks up the solids, and it helps scrub the sensors (shitters full.) :redneck:

Latest posts