• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Shockin' Yall - Wide Open Design - Rock Bouncer - Build Thread

WideOpenDesign

Off-Road Parts Superstore
Steve Ingram has been wheeling for years and was finally ready to step up into a buggy build. He came to us with a few ideas and pictures of what he wanted. There were several images of a remote controlled crawler that Steve really liked the lines of. So we took all of the cool features of the RC car and ran with it. After creating some special modifications to our Rock Bouncer Chassis, the design of the buggy would closely resemble the pictures he sent us. While collaborating with Steve, he introduced us to the most notable attribute of this build.....He wanted a cowl-hood on his buggy. Not just a simple engine cage with a skin on it, but a cowl-hood that had a rib right down the middle of it. Just like a steel-hood would have. We told him we could incorporate it and we made it happen.

So we took our Rock Bouncer Chassis, changed the roof up in the design , added doors , created a cowl induction looking engine cage, and set out with the build. This thing has a great list of parts but nothing is over the top. Its a really nice blend of bang-for-your-buck in a high performing platform. Check out the specs and all of the pictures. If you have any questions about a project you have in mind always feel free to email or call us to talk about it.

Specs:
Wide Open Design Rock Bouncer Chassis
454 Engine
Wide Open Design Fuel Cell
Griffin Radiator
GM TH400 Transmission
Atlas 2-speed Transfer Case
Spicer Drive Shafts and Drive line Components
Rockwell 2.5 Ton Axles
PSC Steering Components
Fox External Reservoir Shocks
Wide Open Design 7075-T6 Aluminum Links
QA1 Rod Ends
Currie Antirock Sway Bars
Corbeau Seats
B&M Shifter
Auto Meter Gauges

Wide%20Open%20Design%20Steve%20Ingram%20Rock%20Bouncer030.JPG

Wide%20Open%20Design%20Steve%20Ingram%20Rock%20Bouncer031.JPG

Wide%20Open%20Design%20Steve%20Ingram%20Rock%20Bouncer032.JPG

Wide%20Open%20Design%20Steve%20Ingram%20Rock%20Bouncer033.JPG

Wide%20Open%20Design%20Steve%20Ingram%20Rock%20Bouncer034.JPG

Wide%20Open%20Design%20Steve%20Ingram%20Rock%20Bouncer035.JPG

Wide%20Open%20Design%20Steve%20Ingram%20Rock%20Bouncer036.JPG

Wide%20Open%20Design%20Steve%20Ingram%20Rock%20Bouncer037.JPG

Wide%20Open%20Design%20Steve%20Ingram%20Rock%20Bouncer038.jpg

Wide%20Open%20Design%20Steve%20Ingram%20Rock%20Bouncer039.jpg

I cant say enough about the guys at wideopendesign.these guys did one amazing job on this rig. They built exactly wat i wanted an didnt try to change my mind about the things i wanted done. I give them a few of my ideas an they made it happen.the guys are great to work with ..i highly recomend giveing them a call if u are planing on building a new unit. :dblthumb: :dblthumb:

SHOCKIN 'YALL WIDEOPENDESIGN!!

You have a way with picking the coolest of colors Steven, and you nailed it with this buggy as well. Can't say enough about the build of this beast as well. They did a great job for sure. drool drool drool drool

kennyWayne said:
I cant say enough about the guys at wideopendesign.these guys did one amazing job on this rig. They built exactly wat i wanted an didnt try to change my mind about the things i wanted done. I give them a few of my ideas an they made it happen.the guys are great to work with ..i highly recomend giveing them a call if u are planing on building a new unit. :dblthumb: :dblthumb:

SHOCKIN 'YALL WIDEOPENDESIGN!!

Badass rig for sure, congrats.....hope to see it on the trail sometime.

Your old S-10 rig though drool

CHASMAN9 said:
You have a way with picking the coolest of colors Steven, and you nailed it with this buggy as well. Can't say enough about the build of this beast as well. They did a great job for sure. drool drool drool drool
I grew up around race cars and show cars.i just paid attention.. :dblthumb:

Watched this rig and action this weekend and it's an awesome buggy. Also nice to meet ya Steven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I even let woodlee gas it!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-15-11-37-06.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-15-11-37-06.png
    233.4 KB · Views: 179
Wow!...congrats on a beautiful rig :dblthumb:

Just curious....how long did the build take start to finish?

One of these days I hope to be lucky enough to roll some of my parts into an awesome rig like this :****: