• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So, I got a new tow rig

Spent my first day driving around in the new rig. The visibility changes sure take some getting used to.

I drove over to the Line-X shop in Buckley to get a quote on getting the bed done. They didn't have any work for the day so that gave me 20% off to get it done right away. DONE Looks REALLY nice in the bed now.

I plugged in the remote to check the settings on the superchip. Nothing. I called the company and right away he told me to check the Cigarette lighter fuse. Well, I don't have an owner's manual yet. I'd left me driver's license in the copier at the dealership so while I was there I had them tell me which one was the correct fuse and sure enough, I had power to the controller. I checked my mileage today it's about 13 mpg running around empty. I refilled the tank and then reset the programmer to stock. Now I'll see what the mileage is on the stock setting vs the performance setting.

This is a VERY VERY nice rig to drive.

I was having trouble with the remote for the DVD system. So I stopped in a Car Toys for some advice. One of the guys there showed me a neat trick. To check to see if the remote was working, I put my phone on camera mode. When you point the remote at the camera you get a flash on the screen but you can't see it with the naked eye. We determined that the remote was working but since the batteries were out it probably lost the code. So now I just need to find the instructions to reset the code on the remote and I should be good to go with the remote again.

I've been checking out various upgrades. I was wondering if anyone has installed one of the air intake system for this. Were the performance and/or economy gains worth the expense? They're expensive system and it seems that I'd need to see quite an improvement in economy to break even.

Nice truck! When you blow one of those junk factory hubs don't buy a replacement from the factory. Just grab a standard set of Warns and double up on the flat wire clips that hold the guts in the hub. That will fatten the area up enough that the O-ring on the dial assembly will seal like it should.

You may want to look into an aftermarket intake, with that programmer. I run the AFE stage 2. Works well with my programmer, and keeps my EGT's down.

You may want to look into an aftermarket intake, with that programmer. I run the AFE stage 2. Works well with my programmer, and keeps my EGT's down.

What's an EGT? I feel like I'm in the military with all these Diesel acronyms.

Have you seen his old tow rig? It'll take a while for him to get used to driving something shiny :haha:

did you see my old tow rig?? flat black.. I know the shinny sensation he's experiencing.. :flipoff:

Gibby is BLINGIN! And I agree with that Jeeper nut.. Searching may not get you everything you want to know on nwforddiesels. But just ask! Those guys are more then willing to help and have certainly seen any issues you may need answered.. And help out with some parts you may want to order :awesomework:

The bed was pretty scratched up as the previous owner had quads and motorcyles that he hauled in there. I had that line-X'd yesterday and it looks GREAT. I took it to the Line-X guys in Buckley. They had nothing to do that day so they gave me 20% off to do it right away.

After driving out the farm and seeing how much mud and dirt flew up just driving on the muddy roads I'm thinking nice flares and mud flaps are next on the list. Hauling the rig on gravel roads is going to make a mess plus is' currently almost as illegal as my trail rig is. I doubt they'll nail me for bumper height but I could just as easily get nailed by officer Dan at Evan's Creek for not having the mud flaps on my tow rig.

I wonder how it will tow with the tall gears, tall tires, and a turned up motor. The tranny should be pissed if nothing else. Great looking truck though. I am jealous of the toys.

I wonder how it will tow with the tall gears, tall tires, and a turned up motor. The tranny should be pissed if nothing else. Great looking truck though. I am jealous of the toys.

If my old F250 with a 460 in it could haul OK, I don't think this will have any problems. The towing capacity is 12,500 lbs and at best I'll be at 10k if I load EVERYTHING up. The gears are stock and the tuner I have adjusts for the tire size so that the tranny shifts at appropriate speeds etc. It has two tow modes as well, a safe tow and a power tow. The power tow add about 100hp and 200'lbs of torque.

I don't think the tranny will mind too much but I'll certainly be whatching the temps the first time out. If it warms up, I'll add another cooler.

It comes full wired for trailers of course but does anyone know if there are any plug and play controllers that this is setup for? I don't know if there's a plug under the dash perhaps just waiting for the right controller... It didn't come with an owner's manual.

Latest posts